Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to move file from USB to remote PC?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpavil View Post
    Thanks @adm, that's fixed it. The new interface has a "movies" section and it works as you've said. On my PC the "old" interface does not allow me the ability to find or download the file.

I can now make the file transfers.

But a final question. All of this is being achieved without going through the mounting process. What then is the main purpose of mounting one of the PC's drives?
    I just transfer files from PC and stb via windows file explorer just enter stb ip address into windows file explorer search bar on top first time it will ask you for username and password,
    just as if you are using putty I do not even use filezilla now. But hopefully your windows hard drive is formatted to at least NTFS because of file size limitations.

Capture.PNG

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you. I'm afraid I couldn't get that to work.

But I have worked out how to transfer the files using mount manager! I had previously mounted a hard drive on my PC and could not transfer into that. I then mounted a folder on my PC which I called SX88 and that didn't work either. I then renamed that folder "media" and that worked. So the answer for me has been to create a folder on the PC named "media". Any other name does not work.

Many thanks for your help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpavil View Post
    Thank you. I'm afraid I couldn't get that to work.

But I have worked out how to transfer the files using mount manager! I had previously mounted a hard drive on my PC and could not transfer into that. I then mounted a folder on my PC which I called SX88 and that didn't work either. I then renamed that folder "media" and that worked. So the answer for me has been to create a folder on the PC named "media". Any other name does not work.

Many thanks for your help.
    Is Samba on the box enabled and running? menu/setup/network/utilities/samba.

If so on your PC in the file explorer and in the Network section you should see your box listed.
    Click on it and you may/should get a box/window requesting a user and password
    user = root
    pass = whatever you setup on your box menu/setup/network/password

Once connected you should be able to see the hard disk or USB disk with its contents on the PC.
    On the PC you can then copy/paste or drag/drop between the storage on the box and the PC.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Hpavil (19-10-23),urie (18-10-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Samba now installed. It is very useful addition for file transfer. Much quicker than ftp. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12