Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to move file from USB to remote PC?

Title
    Thanks

How to move file from USB to remote PC?

I have a number of recordings on the USB attached to my Octagon SX88 V2. I'd like to transfer some of them to my remotely connected PC.

With the help of some of you, I have successfully mounted one of my PC's hard drives. I can explore the folders and files on this drive from my SX88.

But, if I attempt to move a file from the USB attached to the rx, and then select the mounted hard drive as the destination, I get a message "failed to move to same directory".

I'd be grateful for advice on how to send the file on the USB to my PC.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    webif or DCC
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I understand the question. The SX88 and the PC are connected by wi-fi.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    use webif or DCC to transfer.Works fine over fixed line or wifi.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for my ignorance but how do I use Openwebif to transfer a file from the receiver to my PC? I don't think I have a DCC.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    webif : recordings and arrow down.
    DCC 2.4 is a program for transfering files from box to PC

Maybe learn a bit about these essential things

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help. I have now attempted to use Openwebif to move the file. I get the same message as I do on the recever i.e. couldn't move "name of file" .... "failed to move to the same directory"

The SX88 V2 does not come with a handbook and the OpenVix handbook is dated and does not cover these issues. That is why I am asking these basic questions here. I am not sure where else to turn.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    when you use webif and down arrow normally a window should open with directory's.point that to a directory on youre Pc and should work fine.

Otherwise how is your usb formated and what is on your PC ? Put usb stick in PC and maybe copying so

Title
    Thanks
    I assume that first I have to select a file on the USB. I then select a location for the transfer. I select the mounted hard drive on my PC. I still cannot move the file. I get the message referred to in my previous post - "failed to move to the same directory".

The USB has been initialised by the SX88. It cannot be detected in my Windows 11 PC. I assume that the format required by the SX88 is not recognised by Windows.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    install DCC 2.40 on PC. Configure it and then you can simply FTP to box.

In Webif arrow down an choose a directory ON THE PC . When choosing arrow down a screen should open and there you choose directory on PC drive. If not working probably a problem with the chitty WIN 11 rights maybe.

PS : win 11 will not read the usb stick because of EXT4 format.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    when you use webif and down arrow normally a window should open with directory's.point that to a directory on youre Pc and should work fine.

Otherwise how is your usb formated and what is on your PC ? Put usb stick in PC and maybe copying so
    With the new Webif (menu/plugins/ click of Openwebif then Use modern interface = yes)

In Webif on your PCs browser go to Images (or whatever you movie/recording location is called) , select a recording and there should be a download icon with a downward arrow. This should store your download in the folder that you have set up your BROWSER for downloads. From there you can move to from your PC.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the same in old interface

Title
    Thanks
    I have WinSCP on my PC for ftp. I assume it does the same job as DCC .40

I had thought that one of the purposes of mounting a drive was to enable easy transfer of files from the receiver to the PC (and visa versa). But it's not working in my case.

Thanks again for your help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpavil View Post

The USB has been initialised by the SX88. It cannot be detected in my Windows 11 PC. I assume that the format required by the SX88 is not recognised by Windows.
    Yes the disk formatted on the box will be ext4 (a format ideal for large files such as a recording of a film etc.) Windows does not recognised this format.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks @adm, that's fixed it. The new interface has a "movies" section and it works as you've said. On my PC the "old" interface does not allow me the ability to find or download the file.

I can now make the file transfers.

But a final question. All of this is being achieved without going through the mounting process. What then is the main purpose of mounting one of the PC's drives?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast