Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Best (fastest) E2 receiver with terrestrial tuner?

Title
    Thanks

Best (fastest) E2 receiver with terrestrial tuner?

I am waaay behind in this scene but am looking to replace my aging Vu+ Duo2 which is pretty slow navigating menu's these days.

I'm hoping someone could save me hours of research and tell me what is considered to the the fastest Enigma2 receiver these days.

It must...
    -Have a terrestrial tuner
    -Have a decent processor capable of playing HD and 4K smoothly.
    -Something smaller than the Duo2 would be a huge bonus. That thing is a unit!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Vu+ Duo4K SE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    Vu+ Duo4K SE
    Thanks Tappari. Is there something under £250 perhaps? I don't really need the DVR functionality or anything like that. Just a rapid E2 box with a terrestrial tuner

Title
    Thanks
    You shold have a look at the zgemma h7s and the latest version has the hdd slot at the rear. I have one set up and running at the moment and i use an ssd with usb for epg. It ha 4 slots so got openvix, openatv, and the latest version of OpenBH 5.3.007. it comes with twin tuner and one DTT and its great value but factor in an ssd as that makes speed even better. One thing the remote on the zgemma has to be aimed at box so initially you may find it sluggish.

Now if your up to speed with flashing and downlaoding etc ou could consider this box AB Pulse 4K UHD Sat Receiver (2X DVB-S2X and add a usb play tv tuner means you have twin sat and twin dtt.

I have a duo2 for driving dish and twin dtt and I use vix thats up to date and apart from lack of 4k its my all time favourite box. and still fast . Have you thought about reflashing the DUO2 from scratch? But they still sell on fleabay so get a bit back

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    You shold have a look at the zgemma h7s and the latest version has the hdd slot at the rear. I have one set up and running at the moment and i use an ssd with usb for epg. It ha 4 slots so got openvix, openatv, and the latest version of OpenBH 5.3.007. it comes with twin tuner and one DTT and its great value but factor in an ssd as that makes speed even better. One thing the remote on the zgemma has to be aimed at box so initially you may find it sluggish.

Now if your up to speed with flashing and downlaoding etc ou could consider this box AB Pulse 4K UHD Sat Receiver (2X DVB-S2X and add a usb play tv tuner means you have twin sat and twin dtt.

I have a duo2 for driving dish and twin dtt and I use vix thats up to date and apart from lack of 4k its my all time favourite box. and still fast . Have you thought about reflashing the DUO2 from scratch? But they still sell on fleabay so get a bit back
    Thanks Bmitie. The Zgemma looks a bit lightweight at 1GB DDR3. That Pulse 4k UHD looks very promising though. I will definitely give that a look. Thank you!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As you've enjoyed your Vu Duo for so long why not consider this, it's only slightly over your budget

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...se-twin-dvb-t2

I have two of these and a Duo4K, can't tell any difference in performance in real world...........

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have both Duo2 and Duo4K SE. It`s really painful to use Duo2 when you get use to Duo4K SE, so much faster it is.

Title
    Thanks
    Would there be an issue with the Octagon SF8008? With a USB terrestrial tuner?
    More modern chipsets, great blindscan. And fast as reported by users of it. It's my next choice.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    OS Mio 4k plus.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!