Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New satellite dish

Title
    Thanks

New satellite dish

Hi
    Need some help in choosing a new satellite dish. Currently have the oval 80cm sky dish. It has been removed due to us having some work done to the house. I want a top of the range dish but not too big, not bigger than 80cm. Are solid dishes better for signal strengths? Mesh ones look better tho. is there much of signal difference between solid and mesh dish? Also with solid ones do they move in high winds and have to re aligned every other year? Also go round or original sky dish oval? I have a lnb already inverto ultra black quad, they any good? Or is there a better lnb? I'm central West Midlands. If you know of any installers please also let me know.
    Thanks
    ice

Title
    Thanks
    If you are happy on 28.2 then 80 cm Technomate mesh dish will be suitable. That is what I use in the midlands on 28.2 and 19.2 satellites with a twin LNB. If one goes smaller, they are okay in normal weather, but the signal might be weaker at the LNB more if the weather becomes worse. I think Sky only use 45-60 cm dishes. I have never noticed any difference, between solid and mesh at 80 cm and below.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a Fracarro Penta 85cm dish which I've had up since 2009. I don't have a motor any more, just fixed at 28.2E. It is rock solid and apart from loosing the painted "FR" logo which has faded, it looks as good as new. Being Aluminium it shows no signs of rust. I get 100% SNR reading on 95% of all channels available. There are still some shops that sell them. I also use the Inverto Ultra Black Quad and had no problems with it. The images were taken in 2009 when I first installed it with single LNB and Dark motor. I also replaced the bracket and LNB (seen in the image) and bought a 'proper galvanised' bracket and used a cut scaffold pole which are still as good as new.

sat3.jpg sat2.jpg
    Last edited by thecaretaker; 18-08-23 at 23:14.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thecaretaker For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-08-23)