Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easist way to combine ABM providers in one bouquet?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts

Easist way to combine ABM providers in one bouquet?

Is there any current tutorial for this?
    Using any custom file, what's the current easiest way to scan 2 or more different providers into 1 channel list?
    If I want to schedule a scan on Saorview & FreeSat UK & end up with one bouquet, what's the best way?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is there not a favourites you make with your channel lists on the second page where you add your channels into what order you want and they dont change if ABM runs overnight
    Not sure if its possible to get both providers in one Bouquet but in Sat and Terrestrial and move when needed.

Not sure if Dreambox Edit can move multiple channels to a Bouquet.?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Is there any current tutorial for this?
    Using any custom file, what's the current easiest way to scan 2 or more different providers into 1 channel list?
    If I want to schedule a scan on Saorview & FreeSat UK & end up with one bouquet, what's the best way?
    Hi @judge - don't see you much on the forum in recent times!

What I do for a combined Saorview/Freesat bouquet is to use a CustomMix file. In ABM I set my local Saorview transmitter as a provider and also Freesat. If you just run ABM like that you get two separate bouquets. If you create a CustomMix file and put it in the custom directory for ABM, then you will get a merged bouquet. Attached is my custom file for Freesat which merges Saorview in at the top (with channel numbers from 1 to 30) and Freesat starts at 101. You need to set "alternate numbering" in the menu Setup/User Interface/Channel Selection to get Freesat to start at 101.

Place the attached file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml

I also have a custom file for use with Sky bouquet (for those additional channels not on Freesat), but I actually prefer the channel numbering on Freesat.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-07-23),cactikid (30-07-23),judge (31-07-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Just to add to what joe_90 said, place in
    /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

A favourites file I created for someone else to consider as an alternative
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 30-07-23 at 14:06. Reason: mix file provided by fat tony

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (30-07-23),judge (28-12-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks @abu - I didn't realise you could place the CustomMix files in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom. I can see example files in that directory, but my own files live where I indicated. Those example files are quite complex/specific. My custom file for Freesat/Saorview will allow Saorview and Freesat to move around their LCNs and doesn't impose any specific channel order except to locate all Saorview channels in the range 1 - 30.

Here's what my current channel list looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (31-07-23),cactikid (30-07-23),judge (31-07-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The mix file you use is brilliant.

Location was added here:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...445c52c9ac4da4

Move custom user files to /etc/enigma2
    CustomLCN, CustomMix, favourites, and Example_CustomLCN go in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom.
    Any user created provider file goes in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers and takes priority over any provider file of the same name as the one shipped with the plugin.
    Having the user files in /etc/enigma2 means they should automatically be included in backups. It also avoids modified files being overwritten by plugin updates.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (30-07-23),Joe_90 (30-07-23),judge (31-07-23)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Is there not a favourites you make with your channel lists on the second page where you add your channels into what order you want and they dont change if ABM runs overnight
    Not sure if its possible to get both providers in one Bouquet but in Sat and Terrestrial and move when needed.

Not sure if Dreambox Edit can move multiple channels to a Bouquet.?
    Yes, I do use favourites & it works perfectly for me. However the odd time my mother loses channels tho if a frequency changes & I'm not there to fix it. Recently lost BBC1 & Ch4 even though in the favourites.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

cactikid (31-07-23)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    That's perfect, thank you.
    I knew I had done something similar before but couldn't remember how & it's not really mentioned in the readme file.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (31-07-23)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post

What I do for a combined Saorview/Freesat bouquet is to use a CustomMix file. In ABM I set my local Saorview transmitter as a provider and also Freesat. If you just run ABM like that you get two separate bouquets. If you create a CustomMix file and put it in the custom directory for ABM, then you will get a merged bouquet. Attached is my custom file for Freesat which merges Saorview in at the top (with channel numbers from 1 to 30) and Freesat starts at 101. You need to set "alternate numbering" in the menu Setup/User Interface/Channel Selection to get Freesat to start at 101.

Place the attached file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml

I also have a custom file for use with Sky bouquet (for those additional channels not on Freesat), but I actually prefer the channel numbering on Freesat.
    I knew I had done something similar before but couldn't remember how & it's not really mentioned in the readme file.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Just see @abu's post #6 regarding proper location for the file!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just see @abu's post #6 regarding proper location for the file!
    Yep, just where I've placed it. Works exactly as needed, thank you.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

cactikid (31-07-23),Joe_90 (31-07-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Was trying to think of what program to use " Teamviewer " to log into other persons laptop / pc to get entry into the box to fix it assuming they have it connected to internet and all from the comfort of your chair.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts

If making a combined bouquet set Saorview not to create its own bouquet.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

bmitie (11-09-23),deltec (01-08-23),judge (01-08-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Out of interest how do I setup my own custom mix file from scratch?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    Out of interest how do I setup my own custom mix file from scratch?
    Have a look here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Hacks-Examples

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

bmitie (17-09-23)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast