Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for streaming client box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks twol,

I've come to the conclusion that the remote handset shipped with this box is rather unsuitable for OpenVIX. Trying to setup/change functions for its buttons has been an exercise in frustration. Attempting to scroll down the list of buttons in the Buttons Setup menu is impossible if you press the down button on the remote, because it switches off to the next menu to allow you to select a function. I tried pressing Page Down, which brings me to the top of the next page on the list of buttons, but there is no single button press on the remote to allow me to go down this second page, without flipping over to the button functions page. Eventually, after some trial and error, I discovered if I press and hold the down button, it starts scrolling fast past the first page on the list. I managed to stop the cursor on the "List/FAV/PVR" on the second page after a few attempts without overshooting. The remote has a number of buttons for IPTV services, inc. a big fat red YouTube. None of these buttons are presented in the list of buttons in the setup menu, so I can't select them.

Anyway, I selected (repeatedly) the Info submenu function 'Show Movies' for the "List/FAV/PVR" button. The FAV button shows the list of Bouquets(TV), so I don't know which actual button on the remote was changed. I gave up and set the Right button to 'Show Movies'. This worked (phew!) but all it shows is the /media/hdd/movies/ directory on the SX988 client, which is empty.

I have configured the Tuner/Client on the SX988 adding the Mut@nt password for FTP and vsftpd is enabled and running on the Mut@nt. As it happens it is also running on the client. Neither Samba, nor NFS are enabled on the Mut@nt and since DLNA was not able to sustain playback for more than a few seconds/minutes, I stopped that too.

What service/protocol is SX988 meant to use to be able to access and stream recordings stored on the Mut@nt?

Crash log generated when I pressed 'OPT' button is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kind regards,

Mick

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

deltec (24-10-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Select show movies we’re I can’t find them

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’m having the same problem as u I have a vu ultimo and the vu remote any help on this mater would be apreshated thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I had some time this morning to take another look at this problem.

The solution to enable streaming of recorded programs requires for the /media/hdd/movie/ directory on the server to be exported as a NFS share on the LAN. On the server I had to install NFS, (Menu/Setup/Network/Utilities) then I also edited the file /etc/exports to specify the full path to /media/hdd/movie/ directory where recordings are stored on the Mut@nt and restarted the NFS service.

On the client I went to Setup/Network/Mount Setup and added a new network mount, specifying the IP address of the server, a local share name for the client (I called it "Recordings") and the full path for the exported NFS directory. This didn't work, until I added a double "//" at the beginning of the path; e.g. in my case: //media/hdd/movie/

Finally, I remapped the Fav button to 'Show Movies' as twol kindly suggested and I set up a Bookmark on the Movies list to point to /media/autofs/Recordings - this path was created when I added the NFS share to the client.

HTH,

PS. I suspect using Samba instead of NFS will also work, but since the the two STBs run Linux I chose NFS.
    Last edited by Mickkie; 24-10-23 at 15:29.
    Kind regards,

Mick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

deltec (24-10-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thank u very much I’ll give it a go I thought it would have been easer than what u sed regards deltec

Title
    Thanks
    TBH it may be simpler than what I make it out to be. Heh! Some remote controls may already have a more suitable combination of buttons, or they may respond more predictably to key presses. Also, some Enigma 2 flavours and themes will reveal more settings than others. I just find it easier to edit a couple of configuration files in a terminal, than fight endlessly with unintuitive GUIs.

If you get stuck ask and more learned contributors with similar gear to yours will hopefully chime in with suggestions, or I'll try and fill in the gaps.
    Kind regards,

Mick

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

deltec (24-10-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    this in my menu at the moment 1_0_1_CCBF_80E_2_21_0_0_0_20231024173314.jpg is this ehat u add on ur satllite e2 box do i9 do all what u sed on my dcc is that corect kind regards deltec
    Last edited by deltec; 24-10-23 at 18:05.

Title
    Thanks
    deltec,

You need to start from your Main Menu, by pressing the menu button on your remote when nothing else has been selected. Pressing the menu button when you are already in the Channel List brings up a submenu for options to configure your Channel List.

This thread is already quite long and addresses a number of questions. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve is directly relevant to the questions I was trying to answer. I think it would be best if you started a new thread, but be specific on what exactly you want to achieve.
    Kind regards,

Mick

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

deltec (24-10-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorted regards deltec reflashed the image no ideal were I went rong regards deltec

Title
    Thanks
    Firestick / Android box with kodi and the enigma2 PVR client works really well, Live TV recording etc

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    Firestick / Android box with kodi and the enigma2 PVR client works really well, Live TV recording etc
    This is my preferred route for multiroom TV as well. Problem is it is broken with the current Kodi 20.5 (and applicable E2 PVR).

Spent a few hours earlier today hacking a cheap android TV box to see if I could confirm what I saw with kodi on a windows 11 laptop yesterday. Uninstalled the Kodi app on the android box and then installed Kodi 19.5 to match the downgraded windows version (it was a pain to do). Same result, 19.5 works perfectly, 20.5 crashes when kodi starts the PVR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12