Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
I would test this by bypassing the motor and wire direct to the LNB, then test on Astra 28.2 only.
Thanks. As this satellite receiver has 2 tuners, tuner 1 doing 90% of the recordings, I have tried plugging the feed into tuner 2 to see what happens. I have carried out 2 tests with one of the channels on 23.5 deg East that was giving problems and it’s worked, for 2 hours and 2 1/2 hours respectively. The temperature has been cooler in the room, so I’ve set another test for Friday as it forecast to be warmer, so should mimic the conditions of when it has been failing.

When the receiver was opened up and the fan put in, I noticed something printed on the circuit board. As well as it saying “TM-7100 HD Combo 0310”, it also says “HTSST - 8000HDV TM Ver1.2” (see photo attached). I am wondering if that means a tuner unit from a TM-8000 HD Combo would fit and work in my TM7100? I have reached out to Technomate to ask this, but the reply was there is no technical support available now as the TM7100 is 15 years old.

IMG_4352.jpg