Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Best Modern Linux Receiver with Terrestrial Tuner?

Title
    Thanks

Best Modern Linux Receiver with Terrestrial Tuner?

Most of my knowledge here is a bit out of date so I am hoping for a bit of advice. I am currently running a Vu+ Duo2 and an Edision OS mio+ 4K UHD. The Edision was significantly cheaper yet runs a LOT faster than the more expensive Vu+.

So, my question is simple. Without considering budget, what is the best receiver with a terrestrial tuner which will run OpenVix currently? I am ideally after something with a front LCD screen for picons, program info, etc. Above all, I would like it to run 4K and want it to be as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    You are comparing a 2012 model with a current model so what do you expect. How would you feel with a 10 year old mobile?

The current version of the Duo2 is the Duo4kse, available with terrestrial tuners.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    You are comparing a 2012 model with a current model so what do you expect. How would you feel with a 10 year old mobile?

The current version of the Duo2 is the Duo4kse, available with terrestrial tuners.
    Thanks Huevos. Is there a faster model with LCD screen and terrestrial tuner available to your knowledge. I don't want to blindly buy the Duo4kSE without checking out the competition but there are just so many models and manufacturers these days.

Title
    Thanks
    The operative word is best and not ll boxes hqve the terrestial tuner. The duo4kse is the tops and you will see by the price.

When you say the is faster can you say a bit more eg do you mean remote response is faster? I have the duo2 with twin terestial and i hae the axhd61 4k. the speed diff is minimal.
    have you an ssd in the dou 2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    The operative word is best and not ll boxes hqve the terrestial tuner. The duo4kse is the tops and you will see by the price.

When you say the is faster can you say a bit more eg do you mean remote response is faster? I have the duo2 with twin terestial and i hae the axhd61 4k. the speed diff is minimal.
    have you an ssd in the dou 2
    My biggest issue with the Duo2 is HD streaming. The framerate is considerably lower than that of my Edision OS Mio+ 4K. The picture visibly stutters, presumably due to the CPU and/or RAM. Downloading content to NAND or USB is also painfully slow compared to the Edision. For context, connectivity is wired and I see down speeds of 800Mbps from my ISP. I am confident the speed issues are not network related.