Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryK132 View Post
    I'm still trying to get the new release to talk to my nas box. After a number of attempts to set up the relevant mount points the connection has been made but the system says I must reformat my nas. This seems to apply to both a CIFS and an NFS connection. Maybe I have used a wrong parameter... The really good news is that after the many restarts required to get that far, the menus, EPGs, etc have returned to my TV screen. So the initial problem has been resolved but data cannot be saved to or read from the nas.

Any guidance on setting up the mount points correctly, and the relevance of CIFS/NFS still needed. And details of what "Use as HDD" exactly does. It also seems strange that I can edit mount points via many different routes in the menu system and yet I can see two distinct versions of the relevant mount points, depending on how in the menu I get there.
    Use as HDD, means exactly that use as the systems device for storing into E2 libraries such as logs etc I always use nfs mounts to my NAS (Synology)... but I only use for non system files.
    Using it for backups and image libraries also means there will be delays in booting etc and in the ViX plugin utilities such as ImageManager unless you set menu options to only check in local files.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryK132 View Post
    ...but the system says I must reformat my nas.
    I suspect it says you should reformat the file system, which isn't quite the same thing.
    Some actions require certain capabilities in the file system (making hard links is one). The test seem to be done by file-system type (rather than by actually trying to achieve the requirement) and it's possible that the list of OK file-systems is incomplete.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    VU Solo 4K

Have completed a clean upgrade from v6.3 to v6.4, for the most part working ok, unfortunately - cannot get the internal SSD to reformat though, getting an error message at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

The SSD is fine, and was working fine in v6.3 and all previous versions of Openvix.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vatovey View Post
    VU Solo 4K

Have completed a clean upgrade from v6.3 to v6.4, for the most part working ok, unfortunately - cannot get the internal SSD to reformat though, getting an error message at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

The SSD is fine, and was working fine in v6.3 and all previous versions of Openvix.
    Post debug log….
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

vatovey (24-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Twol, it worked perfectly - thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Have completed a clean upgrade from v6.3 to v6.4, for the most part working ok, unfortunately - cannot get the internal SSD to reformat though, getting an error message at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed
    Hi, I have the same problem, what is the solution to this problem?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not upgrading because format from SSD looses all recordings .Seems major problem
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    not upgrading because format from SSD looses all recordings .Seems major problem
    Why format? …..I have an ssd in my Vu+ upgrades no issue
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    So format completed OK, but then has issues onhotplug reconnecti
    The log shows sda1 as a Corsair Force 3 which is an old ssd which had terrible reliabiluty issues and a company recall.
    Is this the same drive ?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

vatovey (24-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    I believe it is the Corsair Force 3, up until v6.4 it formatted and mounted fine in every other version of Openvix.

I've found a firmware update for it, will apply and retry.

I'll try upgrading my Duo 4K SE and Solo2 in the coming days.
    Last edited by vatovey; 24-06-23 at 21:44.

Title
    Thanks
    Update : Updated SSD firmware from v1.3.3 to v5.05

Unfortunately, didn't make any difference, still getting the same error at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed

Hopefully this will be fixed in new Vix releases in the future.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Unfortunately, didn't make any difference, still getting the same error at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed

I had the same problem with Samsung 2TB and Seagate 8TB usb-drives. Timeout elapsed. I formatted those with my Windows laptop and DiskGenius software as Ext4. After that no problem with VU+ Duo4K SE to mount them as hdd2 and hdd3.

Title
    Thanks

So where are you getting the 99% from??

The log you posted clearly shows that format completes correctly and the system waits for it to be mounted. The Harddisk routines then successfully finds the device, and issues a hdparm command to stop spin down ........ the issue I guess is that this is an SSD and its ignoring the hdparm command so the Initialise Job is not being told everything is completed and it times out after 20 seconds.

So the SSD should be absolutely fine on reboot - the log shows its initialised.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So the SSD should be absolutely fine on reboot - the log shows its initialised.
    But you shouldn't need to read the log to determine that.

btw, why was it reformatted in the first place?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast