Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Title
    Thanks
    Morning All

With the new release of Open VIX 6.4 I thought I would check the status of my back up sat receiver (VU+Solo2 - running 6.007) to see if a new Image Manager update could be performed.

No luck, all attempts gave a message “Failed” even older versions were not possible from the Image Manager

Question is my current back up receiver still capable of a new update (technically wise) and if yes what options are available to me without loosing any of my current settings which are all backed up using backup manager.

USB Flash Option using a good and recognised USB stick (I am a Mac user but could get access to a PC)

Is there an option to download the latest software onto a USB stick and then with the use of FileZilla copy the latest software and place it in the correct portion of the operating system? And then activate the software from the receiver to perform a new update

Any help, tips or suggestions would be very welcome

Regards,
    John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    >Is there an option to download the latest software onto a USB stick .....

Here perhaps:

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/...ges/vu-solo-2/

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I have this option, I will give this a try once a get hold of a PC laptop tonight - many thanks. (Just hope my old VU+Solo2) is still able to update to this version as I have a VU+4K UNO SE which should work just fine as my main receiver

Thanks
    John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There seems to be some problem if formatting usb-disk with ViX 6.4 001. I had to use DiskGenius and with that Ext4 formatted disk is ok for VU+ box.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

John57 (20-06-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Maybe, but it's a 128GB USB stick that's been permanently plugged in to this box since purchase. The box is used as a basic satellite receiver in a bedroom and not used for any recordings or timeshift. The box does not have any other USB device attached and prior to the upgrade the USB stick was fully working holding picons, epg data, a settings backup, image backup and was used as the download location for the 6.4 upgrade file prior to "flashing".
    I didn't spend too long fault finding but the stick continued to fail to mount until it was initialised (wiping all the data). It looks as though leaving the USB stick in whilst upgrading may have corrupted the contents, although I had no alternative to leave the USB stick in because it had the 6.4 download file on it. I used the image manager download method to upgrade and the same stick was used during the upgrade process for the auto backup.

I now have a different USB stick in the device an have set the box up from scratch. All now working on the Zgemma H9S
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, I have a problem with the initialization of the TivuSat module, it is not possible to assign Caid 1884 to the tasks of the module

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darog69 View Post
    Hello, I have a problem with the initialization of the TivuSat module, it is not possible to assign Caid 1884 to the tasks of the module
    Which TivuSat module? Have you added certificates for the module?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Morning All

With the new release of Open VIX 6.4 I thought I would check the status of my back up sat receiver (VU+Solo2 - running 6.007) to see if a new Image Manager update could be performed.

No luck, all attempts gave a message “Failed” even older versions were not possible from the Image Manager
    Blue > Vix > Image Manager
    Yellow to download an image
    Select the image you want
    Blue to flash the highlighted image

Question is my current back up receiver still capable of a new update (technically wise) and if yes what options are available to me without loosing any of my current settings which are all backed up using backup manager.
    Yes. Auto backup is enabled by default. Check in BackupManager menu that you have a storage device correctly configured for backups.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

John57 (20-06-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Openvpn not working with 6.4 using my providers configs. All versions of 6.3 work perfectly. Is there a bug in the firmware please?

Title
    Thanks
    I do not know what Certificates are in question, in ATV 7.3, 7.4 the module initializes correctly
    The menu is missing the option to assign tasks for the module, specifically Caid

modul-tivusat-black-card-uhd.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Huevos,

I can see all the updates in the image Manager and do perform as you described above but each and every time is says "failed" thats why I thought to ask about trying to find a good and reliable USB stick and then try to flash from that / or if the options allows us to download the latest software from the forum onto a USB stick and then somehow transfer that directly to the receiver using FileZilla (if yes I would need to know the correct steps in order to proceed).

Regards,
    John

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xdp73 View Post
    Openvpn not working with 6.4 using my providers configs. All versions of 6.3 work perfectly. Is there a bug in the firmware please?
    We haven't changed anything.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tested any modules as I don't think there is any ciplushelper?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darog69 View Post
    Have you tested any modules as I don't think there is any ciplushelper?
    You need to supply your own certificates and put them in /etc/ciplus. This has always been the case.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Thanks Huevos,

I can see all the updates in the image Manager and do perform as you described above but each and every time is says "failed" thats why I thought to ask about trying to find a good and reliable USB stick and then try to flash from that / or if the options allows us to download the latest software from the forum onto a USB stick and then somehow transfer that directly to the receiver using FileZilla (if yes I would need to know the correct steps in order to proceed).

Regards,
    John
    You can download the zip file, then copy it to the imagebackups directory on your hdd and imagemanager should find it and be able to flash
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

John57 (21-06-23)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast