Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Title
    Thanks
    It may sound ridiculous, but on our Ultimo4K we experienced the same kind of problem with the standard image from VU+.

The reason for the small EPG was simply the full file system /media/hdd due too many movies saved. It's the same file system where the epg.dat file lives.
    So please check whether there is enough space for the EPG file on the file system.

E.

Edit: @spevs Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough, so I didn't notice that you provided the log file in the meantime - where I can't find any hint that a full file system is the cause for the problem.
    Last edited by EckyH; 03-08-23 at 22:03.
    Veni, vidi, serravi.
    Дім там, де коти.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EckyH For This Useful Post:

spevs (03-08-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spevs View Post
    I've cleaned it up

Attachment 65577
    so EPGImport is running OK as far as I can see.
    Have you copied any Jedi/EpgImport files from the working box, because you are getting a lot of Unknown channel messages for ones you would expect it to find if the jedi channels list is valid for that provider.??

So turn on debug log on working box and then you might do a search for 1) "[EPGImport][nextImport], source =" (find import source) followed by "[EPGImport][doThreadRead] ### thread is ready" (shows the increasing number of total imports as you go through the sources) on the working box to see if the number of imports is different from the others....
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=twol;534698]so EPGImport is running OK as far as I can see.
    Have you copied any Jedi/EpgImport files from the working box, because you are getting a lot of Unknown channel messages for ones you would expect it to find if the jedi channels list is valid for that provider.??

I'm not sure what you mean by this.....?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Twol, incorrect image uploaded
    Last edited by twol; 04-08-23 at 10:24. Reason: Uploaded wrong image

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Twol, how can i get that image off the post put up in error...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is what I intended to put up as I found it over on Kiddac's support url for jedimaker

Attachment 65579

Looks like others are having issues with jedimaker.
    Last edited by spevs; 04-08-23 at 10:14.

Title
    Thanks
    This is what I intended to put up as I found it over on Kiddac's support url for jedimaker

Attachment 65579

Looks like others are having issues with jedimaker.
    well, if its an issue with Jedi, Kiddac will fix it....
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=spevs;534699]
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    so EPGImport is running OK as far as I can see.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.....?
    Epgimport tries to match EPG entries (from the providers web site) based on their channel names with the channels file created by Jedi........ and there are lots of unmatched entries
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking down the incorrect image, and I just wanted to raise awareness that the issues discussed above with EPG may be due to Jedimaker problems.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,964 Times in 3,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EckyH View Post
    The reason for the small EPG was simply the full file system /media/hdd due too many movies saved. It's the same file system where the epg.dat file lives.
    So please check whether there is enough space for the EPG file on the file system.
    Which doesn't make sense because EPG is stored in the RAM. The only time epg.dat is used is to maintain the epg data across reboots.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,964 Times in 3,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EckyH View Post
    Which doesn't make sense because EPG is stored in the RAM. The only time epg.dat is used is to maintain the epg data across reboots.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, update on my EPG issue, now I have gone mulitiboot, I have 6.3.007 & 6.4003 available on the same box, running 6.4.003 I have jedimakerxtream 6.24-20230724 installed from plugins when I reimaged and I still have the one day only populating EPG issue, running 6.3.007 I have jedimakerxtream 6.22--KiddaC installed from a while ago via plugins which is working fine 7 day EPG fully populated. I see from Kiddac's support site there have been issues recently and the latest version of Jedi is 6.25-20230805 which appears to be running perfectly (confirmed by some well respected members on this Forum). Question is how do I get the latest version on to my 6.4.003 image..................?

Thanks in advance to Twol...............

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, I have installed Openvix 6 4 003 Release Vuuno4kse Usb (138.3M) onto a second hand box I bought, it's 6 months old. It won't connect to the internet. I did a network test, and ran the wizzard and it reports it works ok, but when I try and download plugins or do a software update it says there is no internet connection. I have tested the Lan cable, and it works perfectly.

Is this a known problem or have I bought a faulty box?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, update on my EPG issue, now I have gone mulitiboot, I have 6.3.007 & 6.4003 available on the same box, running 6.4.003 I have jedimakerxtream 6.24-20230724 installed from plugins when I reimaged and I still have the one day only populating EPG issue, running 6.3.007 I have jedimakerxtream 6.22--KiddaC installed from a while ago via plugins which is working fine 7 day EPG fully populated. I see from Kiddac's support site there have been issues recently and the latest version of Jedi is 6.25-20230805 which appears to be running perfectly (confirmed by some well respected members on this Forum). Question is how do I get the latest version on to my 6.4.003 image..................?

Thanks in advance to Twol...............
    I would wait for next image update….there are a couple of modules changed by Kiddac.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, so stay on 6.3.007 until 6.4.004 ...........?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast