Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts

OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Thread for questions about the new OpenViX version 6.4.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

AL.B (19-06-23),BrianG61UK (18-06-23),cactikid (18-06-23),khan888 (19-06-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've updated my Xtend 10K to V6.4 with no problems encountered

The same cannot be said for my Zgemma H9S
    Before upgrading I backed up both the settings and the 6.3.007 image to a usb stick plugged into the back of the HS9 using the backup manager and image manager respectively.
    I then downloaded V6.4 and upgraded

I got no option to restore settings or plugins.
    On further investigation the USB stick is not mounted, nor will it mount with the mount manager. This is probably the reason I can no longer restore settings.

Unfortunately due to other commitments I 'll have to leave it in this state for a few days until I can have a play and set-up everything from scratch again. A five minute task has yet again turned into something much longer
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Sounds like the USB device is faulty.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Sounds like the USB device is faulty.
    Maybe, but it's a 128GB USB stick that's been permanently plugged in to this box since purchase. The box is used as a basic satellite receiver in a bedroom and not used for any recordings or timeshift. The box does not have any other USB device attached and prior to the upgrade the USB stick was fully working holding picons, epg data, a settings backup, image backup and was used as the download location for the 6.4 upgrade file prior to "flashing".
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I read in the update "Some plugins may not be currently compatible with Python 3 or the OE-A 5.3 core".

The plugins I use are working fine with 6.3/3.10/5.2 versions. Startup to Standby, Crossepg, Movie Organisor and I've just installed VPS.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    I read in the update "Some plugins may not be currently compatible with Python 3 or the OE-A 5.3 core".

The plugins I use are working fine with 6.3/3.10/5.2 versions. Startup to Standby, Crossepg, Movie Organisor and I've just installed VPS.
    That is referring to the transition from Python 2 to Python 3. Some plugins (fewer these days) are still Python 2. I have added the following to the release details: "If your plugins worked in any previous OpenViX 6.x series image they should be fine in this version".

Title
    Thanks
    I too took the bait of a quick update before going to bed last night! Unfortunately, having lost an HDD previously I make my backups and recordings on a synology NAS. I keep Timeshift on an hdd so I use both types of storage. Of course after the flash, the nas is no longer accessible and after hours of trying I cannot convince Backups to search the nas instead of the local hdd. Nas is mounted but I cannot associate any shares with media/hdd. I remember this was not obvious to do when I originally set up the nas. Local hdd is mounted too (media/usb). Suggestions welcome...
    Linux Enigma2 Vu+ Duo4K-SE with DVB FBC-S/S2/T/T2 fed by Universal (Hybrid) lnb (Astra 28.2E) & French TNT (Terrestrial) Aerial
    Denon AVR-2700H-DAB Receiver and Sony 4K Bravia A8 TV & Linn Sara 9/KEF Q550/T110 Spkrs - Backup: Humax PVR-1100S

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryK132 View Post
    I too took the bait of a quick update before going to bed last night! Unfortunately, having lost an HDD previously I make my backups and recordings on a synology NAS. I keep Timeshift on an hdd so I use both types of storage. Of course after the flash, the nas is no longer accessible and after hours of trying I cannot convince Backups to search the nas instead of the local hdd. Nas is mounted but I cannot associate any shares with media/hdd. I remember this was not obvious to do when I originally set up the nas. Local hdd is mounted too (media/usb). Suggestions welcome...
    I copied my backup from Synology to a usb and restored from that without issue

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to goRt For This Useful Post:

JerryK132 (19-06-23)

Title
    Thanks

Image manager timeout

With my VU+ Solo2 I tried to flash from 6.3.003 to 6.4.001 using the image manager.
    Every step to enter took ages (I have no other boxes on the network). When I was finally there and the flash started it had a timeout on backing up my plugins. In a way it continued to flash and rebooted. However it is still the old image and in the image manager I don't see the new one. I attach the debug log.

Do I have to do it the old way using the USB stick?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    With my VU+ Solo2 I tried to flash from 6.3.003 to 6.4.001 using the image manager.
    Every step to enter took ages (I have no other boxes on the network). When I was finally there and the flash started it had a timeout on backing up my plugins. In a way it continued to flash and rebooted. However it is still the old image and in the image manager I don't see the new one. I attach the debug log.

Do I have to do it the old way using the USB stick?
    I am sure its the extensive search because you have NAS boxes attached... in ImageManager, Menu change "Extensive search" to No.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks

Cannot find "Extensive search"

Hi Twol

Cannot find your suggested caption. this is what I get

Automatic settings backup
    Backup location
    Backup prefix
    Scheduled backups
    Max image backups to keep
    Login as an OpenVix developer
    Homebuild URL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nekrub2 For This Useful Post:

tageek120 (19-11-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Must be after your current release
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    So I'll try it the old way, using USB. Before I do a backup of the settings using backup manager.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For Info, I've just updated from 6.3.007 to 6.4.001 on a Vu Uno4Kse, most settings and plugins were imported following reboot, apart from VPNManager & the Network Password, simply input Pword in Network settings connected to box and installed VPNManager via Putty, all now seems ok.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    I copied my backup from Synology to a usb and restored from that without issue

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Thanks GoRt!. What a good idea! Why didn't I think of that? I found an old external usb drive, plugged it into the nas, copied the last couple of backups via the nas and then plugged the drive into my stb. It found the backups and I loaded one. I answered all the questions about plugins, etc. Great relief when my favourite channel appeared after a restart!

But when I pressed EPG or menu, etc, the picture shrinks normally to the top left of the screen but the EPG/menu area are completely blank! Luckily I can still just about use the menu via the built-in mini-screen on the VU+ stb... Not sure how to proceed. Could reload the backup now that it's visible again? Or is it a plugin/python problem?
    Linux Enigma2 Vu+ Duo4K-SE with DVB FBC-S/S2/T/T2 fed by Universal (Hybrid) lnb (Astra 28.2E) & French TNT (Terrestrial) Aerial
    Denon AVR-2700H-DAB Receiver and Sony 4K Bravia A8 TV & Linn Sara 9/KEF Q550/T110 Spkrs - Backup: Humax PVR-1100S

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast