// GigaBlue UED 4K / OpenVix
// Sony STR-DN1080 AV amp
// Samsung QE43Q60 TV
// Connected via HDMI/ARC.

With all the equipment in standby, I power on the amp, TV & Gigablue box. Everything works fine for about a minute but then the amp stops showing the video signal from the GigaBlue and switches to its "Home" interface (basically the dashboard screen for step, source selection etc). From there I need to select Watch > Sat/CATV to reselect the HDMI input that the GigaBlue is connected to. After that point, everything is ok until the next time I switch the amp, tv & box to standby when the same thing happens.

I did some investigating with the amp's settings and found that turning off CEC in its "Control for HDMI" settings stops this problem from happening. BUT if I do this, then whenever I use the TV's inbuilt iPlayer, the amp's audio doesn't get switched to the TV's via HDMI/ARC and sound just comes through the tv's speaker, hot the amp.

Switching CEC back to ON at the amp resolves the issue with audio from the TV/iPlayer but then we're back to square one with the amp deciding to drop the video signal from the GigaBlue after a minute and me needing to reselect its HDMI input every time.

I'm now out of ideas and have exhausted my understanding - does this situation make sense to anyone else / can anyone think of something I can try so that the amp doesn't stop showing video from the GigaBlue but audio behaves properly from the TV's iPlayer?

Thanks