Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ArtistX 1.0

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

ArtistX 1.0

Welcome to ArtistX
    ArtistX is a free live GNU/Linux DVD which turns a common computer into a full multimedia production studio.
    It is based on Ubuntu GNU/Linux and contains nearly all the available free audio, 2D and 3D graphics, and video software for the GNU/Linux computing platform. It doesn't need to be installed, and boots directly into a running system without touching hard drives. The files produced with ArtistX can be easily stored on USB devices or CD/DVD medium while it is running. If you want to install it please take a look to our documentation to the ArtistX Installation Manual (Live DVD section).

After many years of continous development and nine versions, the ArtistX 1.0 Multimedia Studio on a DVD is finally here.
    It's an Ubuntu 10.04 based live DVD that turns a common computer into a full multimedia production studio: "ArtistX 1.0 is created with the Remastersys software for live DVDs and includes the 2.6.32 Linux kernel, GNOME 2.30 and KDE 4.5, Compiz Fusion and about 2500 free multimedia software packages, nearly everything that exists for the GNU/Linux operating system organized in the Gnome menu. Main features: based on Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" with all updates (from April 2010), Compiz for 3D desktop effects; most of GNU/Linux multimedia packages and the very easy Ubiquity installer. Screenshots here: http://www.artistx.org/site3/gallery/11.html

Main features

Based on Ubuntu Jaunty (10.04)
    Kernel 2.6.32 Compiz Fusion for 3D Desktop effects
    Most of Ubuntu Multimedia packages
    Gnome 2.30 and Kde 4.5
    Ubiquity Installer

A partial list of software included in the DVD:

* 2D Graphic Software: Gimp, Inkscape, Nip2, Krita, Synfig, Rawstudio, Skencil, Hugin.
    * 3D Graphic softwares: Blender, Wings3D, K3D.
    * Video softwares: Cinelerra, Openshot, Kino, Openmovieeditor, Kdenlive, Pitivi, Avidemux, Devede, and many others.
    * Video and Music players: Mplayer, Videolan, Xine, Kaffeine, Kmplayer, LastFM and many others.
    * Music software: PD and externals, Rosegarden, Ardour, TerminatorX, Cecilia/Csound.

If you want to contribute and submit bugs/errors/suggestions please write to info@artistx.orgThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

A huge thanks to our hosting service Midphase: it just works.

Code:
    http://bo.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/artistx/artistx_1.0_live_dvd_iso_02_01_2011.iso
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (07-02-11),elgeneral (07-02-11),Sicilian (07-02-11)