Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Auto timer support for iptv

Title
    Thanks

Auto timer support for iptv

I'm sure this has been covered, but I've been away for some time.

I am looking at setting up a custom mix file to merge my iptv with sat bouquet to provide the missing channels.

My question is, what is the best way to do this and keep autotimer function on streams.

currently I can set a timer, however not a autotimer, I also cannot timeshift streams, (I remember reading somewhere this was possible)

Can anyone (If you understand what im trying to ask) help with this setup

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    AutoTimers don’t work with IPTV streams, but then again I haven’t tried any IPTV lately using latest ViX image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm on 5.1 018 and when I set "autotimer", it doesn't add anything but if I add normal "timer" it does and it records it as expected.

This is on an IPTV channel using new custommix to replace existing service ref with an IPTV service reference. This is using service type 4097 (rather than 1) for service reference as well.

The fact that it does it on normal "timer" implies it should be possible to also do it for an "autotimer" as well !!

Title
    Thanks
    I know, and that's what's slightly perplexing. Don't get me wrong, I have little to no knowledge of how the system works, or how it is coded, but id like to think it would be possible With the shift of many to iptv, I think its something that would be desired.

Ive tried with everything i can think, i.e service ref. I've linked the iptv stream to a dvb reference so that crossepg populates the 7 day listings. I thought this would be how the system works?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can see that if I try to add an "autotimer" via GEPG on an IPTV channel (as per custommix - using 4097 service ref), it shows in the autotimer.xml file in /etc/enigma2.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no problem adding a normal "timer". These get added to "timer.xml" file and it records fine.

Therefore, the problem isn't with once it's in timer.xml file it's with whatever is used to parse through the EPG for matches.

Does anyone know the process involved in setting an autotimer and .py files that are used?