Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Playing back recording on external device whilst still recording?

Title
    Thanks

Playing back recording on external device whilst still recording?

I’m trying to start a recording on my solo 2 and then access that recording via smb share on an android box. The recording plays fine but cuts out as the file isn’t auto refreshing in the background, playback stops after a minute or so as that’s what was recorded when I started playback.

Does anyone know of a way round this or a media player that auto refreshes as it plays, hope I’m making sense

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    solo2 recording so on its own tuners and internal hdd i presume,i dont see why you cant access file location of other unit by yellow button and selecting it provided its in same format to play?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpullen87 View Post
    ...or a media player that auto refreshes as it plays, hope I’m making sense
    What are you using at the moment?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using a vu solo 2 with its own tuners and internal hard drive. I want to be able to start a recording on the solo 2 to its internal hard drive and then access that recording from an android box in another room, using an app such as BSPlayer that can access the smb share on the solo 2 and play the TS file the solo has created. The problem I'm having is the android box only plays up to what has recorded at the time I start playing the file back on the android box, it isn't clever enough to see the file is still growing as the recording is still taking place.

I have tried BSPlayer, MX player, VLC, Kodi but they all have the same result.

You’re probably wondering why I would want to do this, I have a mortised dish and can access 4:2:2 feeds that the solo cannot display but if played through my zidoo x9s (android box) they are viewable.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Does it work using VLC on a PC?

I'm sure I read somewhere on another forum that file sizes were not getting updated on the fly for certain filesystem types, but I haven't found it yet.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ..... maybe this one.

Code:
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/57665-filesize-over-samba-when-watching-a-movie-which-is-in-recording-state/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

dpullen87 (10-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ..... maybe this one.

Code:
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/57665-filesize-over-samba-when-watching-a-movie-which-is-in-recording-state/
    Thanks for the link, its a very intresting read.

The poster suggests adding the below to the smb-global.conf file, the only fine i can find is in etc\samba\distro

Is this the correct location, can anyone advise if it safe to add the below to the config file?

kernel oplocks = yes
    oplocks = yes
    socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you don't get any replies, I'd take an image backup, get it onto a usb stick just in case, and then try editing the Samba config with notepad++.

(I'd stop enigma first with telnet init 4, and restart with init 3 after making the changes.)

The worst that could happen is Samba stops working, and you can couch flash back to where you were before.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpullen87 View Post
    The poster suggests adding the below to the smb-global.conf file, the only fine i can find is in etc\samba\distro

Is this the correct location
    The comments in the config file say that you should only edit /etc/smb/smb-user.conf (as the others may be updated on a version update).
    The relevant thing is to put the additions into the [global] section (which is at the top of that file).

can anyone advise if it safe to add the below to the config file?

kernel oplocks = yes
    oplocks = yes
    socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
    It won't break anything.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I've added it to the smb-global.conf file in Root\etc\samba\distro and its working from a windows PC.

Will check android later.

Thanks for all the help guys

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ..... you need to double check @birdman's post.