Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Error -6 When Recording Makes Box Unresponsive

Title
    Thanks
    An overdue update to the original issue. I eventually got tired of trying to fix it, reflashed the box and started over. Since then for almost 4 weeks it worked fine in regard to this (although I have had some short/empty blank recordings), a quick message flashed up to say recording started and if needed it zapped to the recording service. However, despite not changing a single setting lately it started doing it again, or rather not zapping the channel when it should leading to a hung box once again when it needs to use both tuners and I'm watching one. I checked and the setting are as I left them, recording take priority etc. Why does one recording not just fail instead of hanging the box? Have upgraded to 5.1.013 but it has been working under this (til now).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJDiddy View Post
    Having said that, why does the box effectivly hang until the plug is pulled just because all the tuners are busy when it does encounter this conflict?
    Answering an old-ish query here.
    It shouldn't.
    However, more than that, for a recording to start a timer needs to be added, and a timer can only be added if it won't cause conflict (run out of tuners) at the timen (and for the duration) of the actual recording. So, in theory, their can't be a conflict when a timer starts unless your hardware has been recently reconfigured (e.g. disabled a tuner) - there can only be a conflict when a timer is added, and then it is created as a disabled one.

So what is happening here is strange.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So, in theory, their can't be a conflict when a timer starts unless your hardware has been recently reconfigured (e.g. disabled a tuner) - there can only be a conflict when a timer is added, and then it is created as a disabled one.
    There can be a conflict - I have experienced a couple some time ago where I have added an auto-timer through the EPG blue button and it clashes with two extant auto-timers. However the clash goes unreported by the timer sanity check and when the time comes there are not enough tuners available and there is a crash. I later found that the clash, though unreported, resulted in the suspension of further creation of timers from auto-timers, so I was able to safely rescue the situation before any conflicting timers were executed. This was in OpenVix 4. I don't know if the current OpenVix exhibits the same behaviour and I am not up-to-date anyway. However, as I have not gathered enough evidence to determine if a fault exists, I think I should look at it again.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    This was in OpenVix 4.
    And was fixed (I remember it well...). But it shouldn't happen (hence the "in theory"). And when it did happen it didn't result in a system lock-up.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Valiant (01-03-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123