This near new Duo with the latest VIX was operating normally but has broken down while unattended. Front button or remote only causes the power indicator light to flicker. I can hear the fan operating so presume the power supply is OK. Completely unresponsive to all remote commands. Removing the CAM makes no difference.

I tried powering it off and inserting the USB stick with the VIX operating system but it was ignored.

Maybe the new HDD has broken down so, unless someone has a better idea, the only thing I can think of is to disconnect it. But that seems an unlikely reason for the problem so I'll wait for a response to this post before doing that.

The only odd behaviour was the other night when the "VIX" kept appearing on screen while viewing a recorded file. Every so often up it came on screen so exit was needed to remove it. But the next night all seemed normal and recorded files played with no such hassle. It did not break down while being used but was discovered in its current state last night when I went to use it. I left it powered off all night in case there was a heat problem but no joy this morning - same behaviour.

BTW I can solder if there is anything needed in that department.

It is not showing up on the network but neither is the Solo 2.

TIA