Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Settings file

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
??
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Settings file

Title
    Thanks

Settings file

Hi, I've had my box for a couple of years with no issues, however its recently started crashing and has reached the point where it crashes on reboot and then sits on the openvix screen with the blue spinning circle and goes no further. I've got the crash log but wondered whether to save time simply by flashing the box to the latest image via USB. However, as I'm unable to get to the vix menu, I can't organise a settings backup.

Assuming my approach is correct, which files hold the settings as I'm happy to download them via FTP and then restore the file later once the flash has worked?

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    This should give you some clues.....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...older-than-4-2
    Last edited by ccs; 09-11-17 at 21:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Excellent, thanks I'll give that a go

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I saved all the files as recommended, and successfully flashed the system - i didn't get as far as the init4 command (nor did i restore any of the settings files) as my ssh access was denied due to a change in the RSA key being detected; whilst trying to work out what this meant, I went through the on screen setup wizard and was presented with the restore wizard which had detected a backup. When I selected the first file to restore the Enigma2 settings it complained that the file is not compatible with this image version (I flashed it with openvix-5.0.032.release-vusolo2_usb).I then worked my way down the list of backups with the same result - can you help?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    A "settings backup" is not the same as a "settings" file. The "settings backup" is a tarball of several files.

You cannot ssh until you have a password. Use telnet to stop enigma2 before transferring the files.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for your help so far. I can now telnet on and have followed the instructions to restore the various files, and chmod the softcam file. When I 'init 3' to restart the service, I get 'Service Unavailable Check Tuner configuration' I've obviously missed something

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Set your tuners in the menu.