Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Random Crashes

Title
    Thanks

Random Crashes

My 2 month old Ultimo 4K has recently started having random crashes and reboots I've attached crash and debug files for past couple of weeks. I did a clean usb install of 5.0.031 only plugins added are LCD4LINUX and Oscam.
    Crashes have occurred while watching live channels or recorded or overnight in standby. This box acts a server to my SoloSEV2 and notice that if I've watched a recording on the Ultimo via the solo the Ultimo becomes sluggish slow to respond to remote key presses and spinner appearing and then will crash and reboot. After a reboot the ultimo sees its hard drive and the usb drive as the same device in mount manager and have to do a full restart to correct then everything's fine till next time. I don't know if its a software or hardware issue
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks

Continuing Problems

Any particular reason why no support members have replied? If I've not followed forum etiquette please tell me so I can correct the situation.

This morning I came down to find my box locked up and would not come out of standby tried FTP "Connection established, waiting for welcome message..." and nothing, had to do a hard reboot. Forgot to try putty. All these problems seemed to stem from one the later updates possible a usb driver issue. I say this because As you can see from the attached picture mount manager is seeing the USB 2.0 stick as having the same storage capacity as the HDD. However if I go to storage initialize it sees the USB stick correctly If I ftp into the media folder the USB stick is not present. It also does this with a USB 3.0 stick A hard reboot it will see it correctly until it throws a wobbler again.
    Don't know how many people know this but if you keep the standby button on the remote pressed for 30 seconds the receiver will do a hard reboot saves you getting up to switch box on/off
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 3,277 Posts
    As far as I see you have only posted 1 crash log that seems to refer to a seg fault.

Have you ever saved your mounts in ViX? (menu -> setup -> vix).
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying Huevos,
    The only items mounted normally are the HDD and USB Drive as you can see from the pictures VIX has mounted the USB Drive as the HDD even though it's shown correctly in Storage. I cant unmount the USB Drive as VIX is seeing it as the HDD. The Zip file should have about 15 files in it 4 are crash files and the rest debug files I appear to have lost the remaining crash files. I'm not a Linux expert but have searched the Crash files and cant find any reference in them to Seg or Mount. I think I'll try rolling back to 5.0.025 when I have some spare time as am sure everything was fine at that point and then work forward. I assume doing that will reverse any driver updates that have been installed by recent updates