Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heathfield: ABM Terrestrial issues

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Heathfield: ABM Terrestrial issues

With regards to the ABM issue, it may be that there is differing SI data on the mast.

Which mast is your aerial pointed at?

Can you delete all channel data, manually scan each frequency, upload lamedb file.

Delete all channel data again, run abm, upload lamedb again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    With regards to the ABM issue, it may be that there is differing SI data on the mast.
    I could be doing something wrong on this matter as I am in a flat with a communal aerial and I don't know if I am on Heathfield or Tunbridge Wells or maybe even somewhere else. I've tried them both and they seem to do the same thing.

Mutant HD51, 2x DVB/T2, 1TB HDD
    MB Premium Twin+ Plus, 3x DVB/T2, 1TB HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I'd get the abm issue resolved first - see abu's last post.

Title
    Thanks
    There is a thread with link to finding details from ukfree site. Check both areas and scan just the frequncies listed for each area. We can then use the better one. Sorry not on PC, otherwise would have posted link to thread

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    This is the link....

Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-08-17),obtutus (23-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Can you delete all channel data, manually scan each frequency, upload lamedb file.

Ok will do that next abu thx.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I couldn't work out how to delete channel data so I did a factory reset each time.

I ran abm without any tuning scan, is that correct?

I found that Heathfield and Tunbridge Wells use the same frequencies but have different polarisations so I think it shouldn't matter which I choose in abm? I went with Heathfield for this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by obtutus; 23-08-17 at 14:50.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to obtutus For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Deleting channel data:
    Option 1.
    Press Channel up > Green (extended/satellite) > (You will see a list of satellites/terrestrail/cable) > Highlight the one you want > Menu > Remove selected satellite > Restart

Option 2.
    Make a settings backup first, so you can restore it afterwards

Paste following command. (Guide to command in signature if you need it)
    Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3
    Polarisatrions:
    With Terrestrial, the aerials are orientated differently. So if you select the wrong one, you should not get any channels at all. However, you said you are getting the same from both. Something is not quite right. Or they have combined both.

We have not restricted the polarisations in ABM. Both Tunbridge Wells and Heathfield will lock onto 722000000 irrespective of polarisation.

There is a disparity in the lamedb files created between ABM and manual.

Manual
    Code:
            <transponder centre_frequency="634000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="642000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="658000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="682000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="698000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="722000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
    ABM
    Code:
            <transponder centre_frequency="522000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="0" code_rate_hp="2" code_rate_lp="0" guard_interval="0" transmission_mode="1" hierarchy_information="0" inversion="0" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="618167000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" code_rate_hp="2" code_rate_lp="0" guard_interval="0" transmission_mode="1" hierarchy_information="0" inversion="0" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="650000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" code_rate_hp="1" code_rate_lp="0" guard_interval="0" transmission_mode="1" hierarchy_information="0" inversion="0" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="666000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" code_rate_hp="2" code_rate_lp="0" guard_interval="0" transmission_mode="1" hierarchy_information="0" inversion="0" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="674000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" code_rate_hp="1" code_rate_lp="0" guard_interval="0" transmission_mode="1" hierarchy_information="0" inversion="0" />
            <transponder centre_frequency="738000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" code_rate_hp="2" code_rate_lp="0" guard_interval="0" transmission_mode="1" hierarchy_information="0" inversion="0" />
    ukfree heathfield (horizontal)

ukfree Tunbridge (vertical)

Can you look at a nearby property and see which way/mast the aerial is pointed as well as polarisation please?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

obtutus (23-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you look at a nearby property and see which way/mast the aerial is pointed as well as polarisation please?
    Now why didn't i think of that!
    All the ones I can see are pointing SSE and are horizontal - so that looks like Heathfield.

I did notice that the frequencies didn't look correct. I've looked in the uk freeview data file in abm/providers directory and it looks correct in there. I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks for the info on deleting channel data as well.

P.S. I wonder if the communal aerial set up is altering the frequencies somehow? Is that even possible? - Nope I've just checked on the TV and the channel numbers seem to be correct.
    Last edited by obtutus; 23-08-17 at 16:56.

Title
    Thanks
    You are not doing anything wrong. Just needs fine tuning. I'll add some custom transponders for Heathfield later, that should sort the ABM issue.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

obtutus (23-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    ABM file for you to test:

1. Please make a settings backup. this is so you can restore your working lamedb file later.
    2. Transfer the attached xml file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    3. Delete the providers.cache in above location
    4. Delete channel data
    5. Restart
    6. Run ABM for Heathfield
    7. Check all services/channels work. report back with findings please.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ABM file for you to test:

1. Please make a settings backup. this is so you can restore your working lamedb file later.
    2. Transfer the attached xml file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    3. Delete the providers.cache in above location
    4. Delete channel data
    5. Restart
    6. Run ABM for Heathfield
    7. Check all services/channels work. report back with findings please.
    Thanks abu, seems to work except no HD channels, I've tried a couple of times .

Title
    Thanks
    OK, progress being made.

2. Delete channel data
    3. Restart
    4. Scan Ch 47 only. Ensure that you get HD services. Refer to this thread if required.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ns-HD-channels

5. Restart receiver
    6. Attach lamedb5 and lamedb file again please.

For reference purposes only
    Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Heathfield

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, progress being made.

2. Delete channel data
    3. Restart
    4. Scan Ch 47 only. Ensure that you get HD services. Refer to this thread if required.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ns-HD-channels

5. Restart receiver
    6. Attach lamedb5 and lamedb file again please.

For reference purposes only
    Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Heathfield
    Done and attached.

Title
    Thanks
    Modified ABM file. Same request/instructions as post 33, but best to concentrate on checking HD services

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast