Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add channel to an EPG slot

Title
    Thanks

Add channel to an EPG slot

I already have eir Sports 2 HD at 424 (custom, from irish) and Freesports has launched on channel 424 for UK.

How can I add freesports to channel slot 425?

Basically, how can I add any channel to a slot of my choosing? Because I also found an unencrypted E4+1 (doesnt have a channel number), I wanted to replace the encrypted E4+1 with the unencrypted version on slot 137.

Essentially taking a channel that doesn't have an assigned channel number, and putting in any any channel number slot of my choosing. I would like to learn how this is done in ABM. I would imagine I edit the provider file in some way?

channels_to_add_by_id = {
    xxxx: 425, # FreeSports

How do I find the xxxx id value for a channel?
    Last edited by zino; 01-09-17 at 12:08.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You will be better using custommix to add by ID something similar to this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post412056

Name it sat_282_sky_irl_CustomMix.xml and it goes in the custom folder see first post here for details http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Hacks-Examples

For finding the channel id's have a look at Abu's file's here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post391794 to create a cvs file you'll be best scanning HD regions when using those.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I find it odd that you are getting an encrypted version of E4+1 mine is fine but I'm in the UK so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I find it odd that you are getting an encrypted version of E4+1 mine is fine but I'm in the UK so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    I have both versions.
    I was wrong about the default though.
    by default unencrypted one sits at 137.

You will be better using custommix to add by ID something similar to this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post412056

Name it sat_282_sky_irl_CustomMix.xml and it goes in the custom folder see first post here for details http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Hacks-Examples

For finding the channel id's have a look at Abu's file's here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post391794 to create a cvs file you'll be best scanning HD regions when using those.
    I'm in London, using my own cable-sat mix file, similar idea to your own file.

The post by abu says it creates a CSV file but doesn't say how to actually create the file, it just gives some files. I dont know where to put the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml.txt to make the CSV.

Just need to quickest way to find channel IDs for this and future use.
    Last edited by zino; 01-09-17 at 13:54.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zino View Post
    I have both versions.
    by default encrypted one sits at 137.
    I'm in London, using my own cable-sat mix file, similar to your own file but I have used my own preferences for some channel numbers in the sports section.

I already have my own custommix file I use for cable/sat.

The post by abu says it creates a CSV file but doesn't say how to actually create the file, it just gives some files. I dont know where to put the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml.txt to make the CSV.

Just need to quickest way to find channel IDs for this and future use.
    It goes in the abm custom folder as instructed on the first post in that thread you need to remove the .txt extension and scan abm the CVS files will be generated in tmp

What I have done is moved eir sport 2 hd to 425 424 is the new channel number for Free Sports https://github.com/davesayers2014/Au...85549712848e84

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Once your CVS file has generated save them somewhere safe.

To find the channel ID of your E4+1 that you want to add whilst on the channel press Menu, information, service take note of the service reference.

Now open the CVS file I use Microsoft Excel and use the search function and type E4+1 now take a look at the service reference to find the one that matches the one you want to use in section B once you have found it the channel ID will be in section E add that to the add by channel id section in your custommix

So the channel id for my version of E4+1 is 3300

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

zino (01-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I had edited my post before you replied, I have E4 +1 both versions but I was wrong about which is default. By default its the unencrypted one. So I don't need to do anything for E4 +1.

I want Freesports on 425, I change the order of some sports channels to my own preference, for eg, I put Ssports PL & football at 401 and 402, Main event at 403. I put bt sports at 411, 412, 413 and 414. That's why I made my own custom mix file, I prefer to customise things to my own liking.

Thanks for the info about how to find the channel ID, much appreciated, I shall find out the channel ID of freesports and relegate it to 425 lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zino For This Useful Post:

dsayers (01-09-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No problem I didn't see your edit till after my last reply but its a similar method to find free sport minus the service reference just search the CVS file with the channel name.

PS if you do this regularly have a look at Abu's files to generate CVS files you can change the output path to hdd
    Last edited by dsayers; 01-09-17 at 14:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Channel ID for FreeSports is 1082 for anyone who may be interested. Thanks again dsayers and abu.

Now that I have leart how to add a channel to any epg number, I would like to learn how to do a simple swap.

The way ABM can swap a SD channel for HD, is there a way to swap any channel with another channel, a direct swap, not just HD with SD, any channel.

For e.g.
    I add something to custom mix file that swaps channels 424 and 425 (rather than editing the provider file after every time I use update config)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Im not shore maybe just use add by id to both or use inserts for both

Title
    Thanks
    Im not sure maybe just use add by id to both or use inserts for both
    I would rather add something to the custom mix file than the provider file.
    As the provider file gets updated every now and then, the update config. Whereas the custom file is left to the end user to customise.
    I dont want to have to edit provider file every time I update config so the custom mix file is better as it doesn't change automatically.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I meant using add by id and insert in custommix.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Using a Vu+Uno4k using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner with vix 6.4 developer image

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

zino (02-09-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zino View Post
    I would rather add something to the custom mix file than the provider file.
    As the provider file gets updated every now and then, the update config. Whereas the custom file is left to the end user to customise.
    I dont want to have to edit provider file every time I update config so the custom mix file is better as it doesn't change automatically.
    That's why I use a custom provider file. It does mean that it never updates and all changes have to be done yourself but it gives maximum flexibility.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

dsayers (02-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    That's why I use a custom provider file. It does mean that it never updates and all changes have to be done yourself but it gives maximum flexibility.
    I use custom mix file too, for a a couple of months now.
    I assumed that I couldnt add channels by id to custom file, thought it has to be added to provider file but dsayers has now taught me better.

I meant using add by id and insert in custommix.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I didn't know i could add by ID to custom file, I thought some things you add to provider file only, some you add to custom mix file only. Thanks, will give it a try now!

Incidentally, now that I know how to find the channel ID of satellite channels using that file by Abu, how do I use it to find channel IDs for cable channels? for eg, when theres new cable channels testing or I want it in diff place, I would like to add it to epg.

EDIT:

I added this to my custom mix file but it didn't work and instead deletes channel 423.

1082: 425, # FreeSports
    }
    Last edited by zino; 02-09-17 at 21:03.

Title
    Thanks
    I added this to my custom mix file but it didn't work and instead deletes channel 423.

1082: 425, # FreeSports
    }

This is what the default provider file shows

5122: 423, # eir Sport 1 (also 3601)
    5123: 425, # eir Sport 2 (also 4551)
    1082: 424, # FreeSports

So me adding something for 425 in the custom file, when there is already something for 425 in provider file obviously causes a clash. Thats why I asked how do I do a swap rather than add channel by ID because I knew it would cause a problem.

All I want is
    eir sport 2 at 424
    freesports at 425

whilst keeping default provider file that downloads via Update Config

and simply editing the custom mix file only.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast