Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: output screen becomes scrambled for all channels

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

output screen becomes scrambled for all channels

My output option is set for all resolutions to be upscaled to 4K and most of the time I see no problems. But about twice per week ( in daily use ) the output image becomes scrambled with linear interference and loss of colour. This affects any subsequent channel or recording selection and leaves the user interface looking normal. Audio continues to play normally. If a recording is in progress the recording is also scrambled from the point where the problem occurred and once played all output is scrambled until the system is rebooted. I get the impression that it only happens when I touch the remote control numeric keys but I can't be certain. is there any way to restart the player part of the software so that I don't have to reboot when other recordings are in progress? Any other suggestions for settings that might need to be checked?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Try a GUi Restart as opposed to a full Reboot. When this happens again, maybe an idea to upload some logs to see what maybe the cause of this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Try a GUi Restart as opposed to a full Reboot. When this happens again, maybe an idea to upload some logs to see what maybe the cause of this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GUI restart doesn't help I'm afraid, possibly not surprising as the GUI continues to work correctly. I'll see if I can find any relevant logs. Usually this happens at an awkward time and I am in a hurry to reboot so that I don't miss a recording.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, I use an LG55UF855V to my Ultimo4k, and I have had a few times something like a scrambled picture, lots of vertical disturbance across the picture, the picture look greenish at that time.
    Anyway, it has disappeared when I re-started the TV.
    I will try to (remember) to take a photo next time it happens. And I have not done anything with the cables Before or after.
    Maybe not the same problem ...
    Vu+ Duo 4K 1 x FBC S2(X) on 0.8º W, 4 TB HD 2.5"
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K 1 x FBC S2(X) on 0.8º W, 2 TB HD 2.5"
    All with latest stable image
    80 cm dish with Diavolo Unicable II LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toja60 View Post
    Hi, I use an LG55UF855V to my Ultimo4k, and I have had a few times something like a scrambled picture, lots of vertical disturbance across the picture, the picture look greenish at that time.
    Anyway, it has disappeared when I re-started the TV.
    I will try to (remember) to take a photo next time it happens. And I have not done anything with the cables Before or after.
    Maybe not the same problem ...
    Its just possible that only the HTML connection is at fault so next time I'll try cycling the TV power rather than rebooting the Vu+. Thanks for the suggestion I'll report back.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, give it a try, but it's bad to use HTML Cable
    Vu+ Duo 4K 1 x FBC S2(X) on 0.8º W, 4 TB HD 2.5"
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K 1 x FBC S2(X) on 0.8º W, 2 TB HD 2.5"
    All with latest stable image
    80 cm dish with Diavolo Unicable II LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toja60 View Post
    Yes, give it a try, but it's bad to use HTML Cable
    Or even impossible but my brain couldn't come up with HDMI!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

-Update

It happened again during a recording that I was not watching at the time. When I replay the recording the picture scrambles up at a particular point. Once this has happened I have found no way of fixing the picture (on any channel or source) except by rebooting. If I skip past the bad point (after a reboot) in the recording then the remainder is OK and there is no further problem. I think this is something to do with having a fixed resolution (4K) and scan rate (60Hz) in the picture settings. If I change the scan rate to automatic I can play through the glitch without anything more than a brief loss of picture. However its not very repeatable when I change the settings back again it will sometimes recover. For practical purposes I would still like to know if I can use telnet to restart or reset the player without having to reboot.