I've moved to a small flat, have a Sky dish outside with 4 leads coming inside, have wifi and broadband. All I'd like to do is put a freesat-type 500gigish recorder in the living room to watch TV there and record stuff. Plus in the bedroom I'd like to be able to watch programs recorded on the box's hard drive, or watch TV via the freesat box. It would be good for the freesat box to have spdif out so I can play TV movies through my hifi if possible. I'd need to control the freesat box from the bedroom as well as the living room. Not bothered by HD but would be nice. TV has HDMI input.

I'm probably misusing the word freesat here, but I'm not bothered about the SKY stuff, the freesat channels are more than enough for me. Also not bothered about netflix etc.

Any advice on what hardware to buy would be brilliant as despite being a techie I'm bamboozled by all the advice out there. It's not an option to hardwire the bedroom and living room, ideally both viewing and control should be done by bluetooth/wifi.

Thank You! and yes I did a forum search first but didn't find anything.

Simon