Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPTV recorded movie list has long name and no movie description.

Title
    Thanks

Unhappy IPTV recorded movie list has long name and no movie description.

Hi,

I have noticed when I record a movie from IPTV, on my VU+ Solo2, the movie is saved with a long name including the date - movie name - channel. Further the movie description is not shown just the same long movie name. However, if I record a movie from a DVB channel then the movie name is short; just the name and the movie description is shown on the right just below the small picture.

I have the latest VIX image installed... 5 0 0 23

So, is there any way to set the IPTV recorded movie name and movie description to the same as DVB channels?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Sean.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Its all to do with the Stream Type being set to IPTV >> 4097. I'm guessing you ran a script to generate your IPTV Bouquets etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I ran a script to generate the IPTV Bouquets...

I neglected to mention that I have used eChannelizer to set up the EPG for the IPTV channels. I set one of these channels from IPTV >> SERVICE 4097 to SERVICE 1 and then started to record on that channel. In this case the movie name was normal; just the movie name and the movie description was there below the small preview picture.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_69 View Post
    Yes, I ran a script to generate the IPTV Bouquets...

I neglected to mention that I have used eChannelizer to set up the EPG for the IPTV channels. I set one of these channels from IPTV >> SERVICE 4097 to SERVICE 1 and then started to record on that channel. In this case the movie name was normal; just the movie name and the movie description was there below the small preview picture.
    So you've changed all the IPTV Streams (channels) from IPTV Stream Type to DVB Stream Type? In E-Channelizer, when you right click on that stream you will see Stream Type and you just change from IPTV to DVB.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately that is not a solution... IPTV recording with DVB setting is bad... the picture is very glitchy. :-(

Title
    Thanks
    Its only glitchly if you are watching a IPTV channel and recording at the same time.

try watching a freesat channel and then start a IPTV channel to record.

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately that is not a solution... IPTV recording with DVB setting is bad... the picture is very glitchy. :-(
    Not with mine, must be dodgy streams or dodgy internet. lol

Title
    Thanks
    Having Stream type set to IPTV (4097) causes all kinds of issues from lock ups & audio sync issues.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    Its only glitchly if you are watching a IPTV channel and recording at the same time.

try watching a freesat channel and then start a IPTV channel to record.
    Rubbish! mine is fine when recording multiple channels and watching. bad providers by sounds of it
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Not with mine, must be dodgy streams or dodgy internet. lol
    Same here mine is fine set to DVB.

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    Rubbish! mine is fine when recording multiple channels and watching. bad providers by sounds of it
    Sounds like you have a multiroom sub. we dont know if the OP has a multiroom sub, the vast majority of IPTV providers will only allow you to access 1 stream at any given time.

if you record a IPTV channel while watching a freesat channel it should record work fine. if it doesnt it is either your image or an issue with your provider.

funny things happen when recording and watching a IPTV channel when you dont have multiroom
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post454951
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 03-08-17 at 14:39.

Title
    Thanks
    It seems this discussion has become a bit off track...

If it is possible for a DVB channle to have a simple movie name and a movie description in the recorded movie list; then why is it not possible for an IPTV channel with EPG? It seems to be just a bit of programming.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    It will depend on your bandwidth - regardless of provider.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

john doe (04-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    If it is possible for a DVB channle to have a simple movie name and a movie description in the recorded movie list; then why is it not possible for an IPTV channel with EPG? It seems to be just a bit of programming.
    While I agree with the sentiment, that might depend on whether an IPTV channel has an event name.
    When you look at the item in the EPG does it have a suitably short name?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I have noticed when I record a movie from IPTV, on my VU+ Solo2, the movie is saved with a long name including the date - movie name - channel. Further the movie description is not shown just the same long movie name. However, if I record a movie from a DVB channel then the movie name is short; just the name and the movie description is shown on the right just below the small picture.
    Woah....

From that description you aren't referring to the filename it is saved under, you are describing how it is shown in the Movie List menu (which is something completely different).
    Is that correct?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    Same here mine is fine set to DVB.

Sounds like you have a multiroom sub. we dont know if the OP has a multiroom sub, the vast majority of IPTV providers will only allow you to access 1 stream at any given time.

if you record a IPTV channel while watching a freesat channel it should record work fine. if it doesnt it is either your image or an issue with your provider.

funny things happen when recording and watching a IPTV channel when you dont have multiroom
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post454951
    i don't have multi room! theres a post knocking around on here where there was a couple of people that can record and watch at sametime
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast