Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Autotimer

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autotimer

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Yes - green is save. Unexplained conflicts have been discussed before, @birdman may well be able to help on this one.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steevieboy4u View Post
    .....Also when I try and pause the live TV I get a pop up saying it can't as there is a conflict on a timer that is due to happen in 5 days away? I get the feeling when I delete the autotimers (and all the generated timers by the autotimer) it’s not actually deleting the entries. i.e. when a TV series finishes I delete the autotimer and generated times I get the impression it’s not deleting these entries and if there are upcoming repeats of the series they are causing the conflicts?
    Conflicts happen to timers,. not autotimers (which just set timers).
    If you have conflicts you need to look at your current list of timers.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I've looked at both timers and autotimers and I cannot see any conflicts. What also doesn't make sense is when I try and pause the live TV (timeshift) it states I cannot do it as the TV series Rellik is conflicting (this is due to record on Mondays at 9pm) but the this conflict is stated every time I try no matter what day or time it is?

If I delete the timer.xml file with this remove all the timers? I'm sure it must be corrupt and I don't really want to mess about reflashing my box if I can get away with trying this first?

Cheers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you want to delete timers.xml, you must first stop enigma using the telnet command init 4, then delete the file and then init 3 to restart.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steevieboy4u View Post
    I've looked at both timers and autotimers and I cannot see any conflicts. What also doesn't make sense is when I try and pause the live TV (timeshift) it states I cannot do it as the TV series Rellik is conflicting (this is due to record on Mondays at 9pm) but the this conflict is stated every time I try no matter what day or time it is?
    If you have a conflict it will be reported at ANY attempt to set a recording.
    It's not telling you that there is a conflict with the one you are setting, it's telling you there is a conflict somewhere. If this weren't done you'd (quite likely) never know that your AutoTimers are producing a conflict.
    Last edited by birdman; 26-09-17 at 21:49.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    If you want to delete timers.xml, you must first stop enigma using the telnet command init 4, then delete the file and then init 3 to restart.
    Any chance you can explain that in a noob way as that was straight over my head?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Maybe this guide will help.......

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Linux-commands

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

steevieboy4u (27-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks I'll give it try