Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

Title
    Thanks
    What sort of speeds are you getting? And have you a gigabit lan port?
    Sent from my Philips C12

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I have finally resolved the issue! I contacted my IPTV provider who confirmed that ther were no restrictions on my dual sub. Having looked else where for an answer it was suggested to change the service id from DVB to IPTV.

Use 4097

#SERVICE 4097:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
    #DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Intsead of 1

#SERVICE 1:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
    #DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Having done this, I can now record two streams at the same time, I can also record and watch the same stream. All the glitching/morphing has stopped. I am now using the EPG importer plugin to assign EPG as cross EPG doesnt seem to work with the 4097 service ID.

I hope this helps
    Chris

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crbell For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (14-06-17),dfox (14-06-17),john2k5 (10-07-17),Sicilian (21-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crbell View Post
    Hi all,

I have finally resolved the issue!

I hope this helps
    Chris
    Hey Chris,

Are you saying Duo2 with Openvix 5.x your working?

Only I had my provider reset my sub and moved it to my dads crappy zgemma star and it worked, no tweaking, no messing nothing...recording and everything which in my eyes confirmed something specific to the Duo?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crbell View Post
    Hi all,

I have finally resolved the issue! I contacted my IPTV provider who confirmed that ther were no restrictions on my dual sub. Having looked else where for an answer it was suggested to change the service id from DVB to IPTV.

Use 4097

#SERVICE 4097:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
    #DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Intsead of 1

#SERVICE 1:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
    #DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Having done this, I can now record two streams at the same time, I can also record and watch the same stream. All the glitching/morphing has stopped. I am now using the EPG importer plugin to assign EPG as cross EPG doesnt seem to work with the 4097 service ID.

I hope this helps
    Chris
    Can confirm that this works perfectly on a solo2. I can instantrecord 2 different 4097 service ids at the same time while viewing a dvb channel with no issues at all.
    Now to try to convince the xtream-editor dev to change all of his service ids so I caan keep my nicely ordered, auto-updating channel list with epg...

Thanks for finding the fix!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Not really a fix. As I use DVB as my stream type, I.e. 1:x:x etc and records fine on my various boxes. The problem using IPTV as your stream type, I.e. 4097:x:x etc is will drift out of sync (audio).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

john2k5 (10-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Not really a fix. As I use DVB as my stream type, I.e. 1:x:x etc and records fine on my various boxes. The problem using IPTV as your stream type, I.e. 4097:x:x etc is will drift out of sync (audio).

Agreed, I jumped the gun on that one. 4097 is no good at all.
    I read somewhere else that a trailing / after the url helps with 1:0 service refs. It didn't.

I've tried all combinations, on both latest ATV 6.1 and latest ViX and still aren't able to record reliably.
    I'm not restricted by my provider, have multiroom enabled for 4 concurrent devices (they've asked me to test, so I'm as unrestricted as possible!)
    50mb fibre, hardwired, can stream 4 separate HD channels on different devices, wired and wireless, without issues.
    Device is a Solo2, genuine.

It has to be software related. I just can't get my head around it atm. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Title
    Thanks
    I have exactly the same issue of 2 sources combining when trying to record 2 IPTV or watching 1 IPTV and recording another.

Defo got 2 subscriptions open as i can happily watch second IPTV on laptop at same time with same bouquet

Title
    Thanks
    Additionally have found that although changing to 4097 does allow me to record. If i then use the EPG to record the box reboots.. Latest VIX with VU DUO2, very reluctant to get rid of the setup but provider is suggesting a change of Box...

Title
    Thanks
    Done the same here on Xpeed LX2 with Openvix 5.0.0.20 (built myself).

IPTV servicerefs 1:0... were combining on multi-record and/or record+'watch iptv recording', now they're all ok using serviceref 4097:0...

But the box slows down a huge amount playing these 4097: recorded .stream files back compared to 1: recorded .ts files.

Autotimers weren't also working for me for 4097: servicerefs so I tweaked the python code so when I set record on a 1: iptv channel it replaces the 1: with 4097: (I have an IPTV bouquet with 1: servicerefs and a duplicate with 4097: servicerefs). Works great except that the eit is no longer valid so no program info - still I can live with that for now...

As for the combining issue - I've got the debug log on and I 'think' it's something to do with the demux device? I've seen (for example) the iptv recording using demux0 and the iptv playing using demux3 and then when all hell breaks loose it 'seems' to switch to using the same demux for both, and hence combining. I've no time to investigate this further unfortunately, and I am probably wrong but it 'looks' like this could the the cause of the combining....
    Last edited by AnfieldRoar; 13-07-17 at 03:38.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm just having a play with serviceapp and using exteplayer3 instead of gstreamer and so far it seems fine with 4097 service ids and so far hasn't drifted out of sync after about 1 hour.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to aido For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Tried "serviceapp and using exteplayer3" and playing was considerably faster, but pressing 'Add Timer' crashes the box - so I'll stay with the default player.

Title
    Thanks
    So reverted to image 024 on Apollo and can now timeshift and record on IPTV.
    However AutoTimer not working, also obviously no KODI, unless somebody has a solution to the first?

Has this been reported as bug? Is it likely to be fixed in new version of OpenVix?

Running on ServiceRefs 1:0 - Couldn't change to 4097 as just crashed when i tried recording.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JLAMERTON View Post
    So reverted to image 024 on Apollo and can now timeshift and record on IPTV.
    However AutoTimer not working, also obviously no KODI, unless somebody has a solution to the first?

Has this been reported as bug? Is it likely to be fixed in new version of OpenVix?

Running on ServiceRefs 1:0 - Couldn't change to 4097 as just crashed when i tried recording.
    Were did you get image 24 Apollo image from, would like to be able to record IPTV
    Thanks

Sent from my X9076 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    IPTV records fine on ViX 5.0. TimeShift doesn't work as that was disabled some time ago. One Off Timers work fine, but AutoTimers don't work. Maybe with IPTV becoming more popular these will in time get looked at but One Off Recordings certainly work for me using the latest image.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Autotimers for IPTV work fine but only if you use the alternatives for the channel you want recording. The alternate file that is created lists the existing channel first, then the alternate - ie the IPTV channel. Most of the openvix code seems to use the first alternate so it wasn't working, so I had to swap these round manually using telnet, init 4, ftp and edit, then init 3.

BTW I originally modified the Autotimer python code to force them to work with IPTV, and it worked great, but I'm really pleased now using the alternatives and don't need to reapply my python changes every time I flash.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast