I have original Vu+ Duo box running OpenVIX 2.2.100. I cannot stream IPTV and have tried various things.So my final solution was to update the Image.

Tried Vix 5 - STB stuck at Starting after flashing. The same happens if I flash rev 4 or 3. Upgraded Bootloader to CFE 3, still the same issue. Only old 2.2.100 works!

1. Examining contents of Vuplus/Duo folder within Rev 5,4 & 3 I see 5 files as compared to 3 in Vuplus/Duo folder. Why the latest rev have 5 files while the old rev has 3? Coould this be my problem?

2. Someone on Vuplus images forum suggested to increase swap file via Swap manager. Managed to do this while still on 2.2.100 and all was ok. But doesn't flashing a new image overwrites the swap file size? Do Swap file size is a problem or something else?

3. Why IPTV doesn't work on 2.2.100?

- I have a plugin installed enigma2-plugin-extensions-m2b_0.5-r0_all
- Converted successfully M3U to .tv (Bouquet)
- Bouquet can be seen on the Bouquet list with all the channels listed
- When selecting the channel nothing comes on the TV!

- Tried to play M3U on VLC on laptop and all is fine.
- Tried to upload it in the Samsung TV App (SSIPTV) and it works.

So it's only the Box that is giving me problem. I tried to convert M3U to Enigma 2 format using http://iptv-freelinks.blogspot.com/p...o-enigma2.html and used Dreambox Edit to create an IPTV bouquet and paste etc..Again the IPTV Bouquet shows on the Bouquet list but when selecting the channel, nothing works!

Next thing I did was to update to the latest Openvix image (5 0 014, 4 0 002, 3 2 0 37) and Bootloader (Duo 2 CFE V2). The latest Image didn't work as the box was stuck on Starting after programming the new image via USB. When examining the contents of the new image in the Vuplus/Duo folder, I noticed 5 files instead of 3 files. My box has 2011 image (3 files) and I can update all images with 3 files in the Duo folder but the latest vix images have 5 files and I cannot flash my box. Well I can flash them using the USB but after removing the USB and restating the Box, it gets stuck on Starting!

Question:
1. Are all the latest images backward compatible with Old VU+ Duo box. Mine is 2010 box.
2. Why 5 files instead of 3? And why my box is failing to install the latest images? I have tried Rel 5, 4 and the last was 3 2 0 37. Flashing process is fine and ask for reboot after removing the USB stick, but then gets stuck on Starting...
3. How can I play IPTV streams on my current box or do I have to install the latest image and now?
4. Which Vix image supports IPTV and has 3 files in the duo folder?

Thansk