Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NEW: Driver (Driver) update Octagon SF4008 - 12.05.17

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    New driver update last night .....
    1. Fixed AC3 issue (again?)
    2. Fixed Audio issue on 2160P resolution
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Third time lucky, perhaps?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Third time lucky, perhaps?
    Apparently not .. standby issue seems fixed, but not sound judging by complaints elsewhere.... expect another driver update ....
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Tonight - new driver update it says AC3 fixed .....
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I'm still getting no 2160p audio with 5.0.031. However, I've found a separate problem with OpenVIX, and it has happened several times: waking the SF4008 after it has been in standby overnight, I find that all multistream channels have vanished from my satellite lists for both 5.0W and 12.5W. I then have to restore them from a backup. Non-multistream channels are unaffected. However, if the receiver was tuned to a multistream channel when it was placed in standby, channels on that transponder are not lost. I'm using the default version of satellites.xml, which includes all the multistream transponders on both satellites.

This has happened also with versions 027 and 029. I'm now trying to replicate it with (for the sake of an example) OpenATV, but so far all multistream channels have stayed put.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    No channels have ever gone missing for me. What have you loaded that is updating your channels list?

Are you running ABM?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    In years of using Enigma receivers, I've never knowingly installed anything that updates channel lists automatically. In this case, I've been using a clean install (following a factory reset) of OpenVIX 5.0.031 and now a a nightly build of OpenATV from a couple of days ago, also after a factory reset. In both instances, the only extra I've loaded is the DiSEqC plug-in tester. A plug-in called Programmlisten-Updater comes as a default plugin with OpenATV, though it doesn't seem to be activated and it doesn't appear to include either 5.0W or 12.5W; I've uninstalled it now. I don't know what ABM is (Automatic Bouquet Manager?) but I don't think I can be running it.

Just switching to standby and back on again doesn't cause these channels to disappear; it seems to happen only when the receiver is in standby for an extended period, such as overnight.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello All
    Here is my fix for the issue with AC3 sound with 2160p 60hz, under the Video settings The last option on the very bottom " Control Hardware Chip Modes" I changed it to 12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2 no PIP.
    It worked with images EGAMI, OPENVIX, OPENATV, SATDREAMGR AND OPEN8.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    Tunder
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tunder For This Useful Post:

el bandido (24-10-17),Sicilian (20-10-17),Willo3092 (20-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    @Tunder
    Never thought about this before (sold my SF4008), but the Mut@nt HD51 made this change some time ago, as the chip will only support certain features in set modes (read the HD51 multiboot documentation (where you can flip the modes) to see the modes and restrictions)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder View Post
    The last option on the very bottom " Control Hardware Chip Modes" I changed it to 12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2 no PIP.r
    That hasn't worked here, alas, with either OpenVIX or OpenATV.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    That hasn't worked here, alas, with either OpenVIX or OpenATV.
    Please post screen shot of your av settings, also make and model of tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you, Sicilian. I've been through this many times, always with the same result. This is my procedure, beginning with a freshly flashed OpenVIX 5.0.031:
    Factory reset - restart - set 2160p50 video - set UK English - skip restore wizard - skip screen alignment - skip Internet connection check and automatic package installation - set Tuner A and Tuner B for simple installation, 28.2E only - scan Tuner B (reputed to be more reliable than Tuner A) for a predefined transponder (10773H) - skip further manual service scan - configure wired Internet. Receiver then outputs sound correctly. Set video chip mode to HDR (as in attached screen shot). Restart receiver. When startup is complete, there's now no sound.

I've also tried reconfiguring the video chip mode before doing the scan, and not reconfiguring it at all, but always the sound is dead after restarting the receiver.To bring it back, I have to change to 1080i/1080p and restart the receiver. This too works every time.

The SF4008 is connected to my LG OLED55B6V screen via a 4K HDMI input on an Onkyo TX-NR838 AV receiver. I have a Vu+ Solo4K connected to another 4K port on the same receiver. I've tried swapping the inputs over, but it doesn't make any difference.

When I revert to OpenVIX 5.0.026, sound works as normal in 2160p mode.
    VuPlus_1508626800000.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Sad to say, version 5.0.032 hasn't corrected the 2160p no-sound problem here, even when the video chip is in HDR mode. It works during initial setup but doesn't survive a reboot.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Last driver update was in 5.0.028

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not surviving a reboot has to be a bit of a clue.

Are there any settings you're using which are set to "auto", which could change after a reboot?

Or maybe when the tv/amp is on/off when rebooting has a different effect?
    Last edited by ccs; 27-10-17 at 15:40.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast