Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No epg , no menu, just the last viewed channel

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    Unfortunately that didn't make any difference, connecting direct from TV to satellite box.

Just one thing is that I have noticed that the satellite box gets quite warm to hot when it is left on all the time. Maybe I am clutching at straws.

I can see from openwebif that in CrossEPG start order that Rytec UK XMLTV is at the top of the list, with SkyUK Open TV next and Mediaset 3rd.

Bearing in mind I only want Freesat channels, Freesat is not in the list. Now could that be the problem.

What about doing a reset or similar to remove the bouquets and disable crossepg, as I feel that the problem started when I started playing around with crossepg settings etc.
    Ok, when I press the blue standyby button on the front of the receiver, it does not change to from Blue to Red. When clicking on the remote in openwebif buttons, then the screen on my PC does respond accordingly, but the actual physical receiver connect to the tv does not respond in that no changes are mad on the screen. What I mean is that the screen on openwebif is not replicated on the tv screen.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I'd suggest you do exactly as follows:

1) Re-USB flash the receiver with latest build 5.0.013.
    2) Setup new, do not restore any backups.
    3) Use Autobouquetsmaker to scan.
    4) Press down button to bring up bouquets etc..
    5) DO NOT INSTALL ANY EXTRA SKINS OR PLUGINS, TEST AS FREE TO AIR ONLY.

If the GUI stop appearing, go to open webif, press menu, check TV is menu is on screen. If not contact where you purchased.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I'd suggest you do exactly as follows:

1) Re-USB flash the receiver with latest build 5.0.013.
    2) Setup new, do not restore any backups.
    3) Use Autobouquetsmaker to scan.
    4) Press down button to bring up bouquets etc..
    5) DO NOT INSTALL ANY EXTRA SKINS OR PLUGINS, TEST AS FREE TO AIR ONLY.

If the GUI stop appearing, go to open webif, press menu, check TV is menu is on screen. If not contact where you purchased.

I have just downloaded the latest build 5.0.013, and does it need to be extracted at all. Also what is the process to flash the receiver, and if something goes wrong, then ???

I bought the receiver from WOS 2 days ago.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Flashing guide here:

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bui...-Twin%204K.pdf

Also is the receiver connected direct to TV or connected to your amp? If connected to amp for this test connect direct to TV.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, but I will do it later now as I have to go out in the next 45 minutes.

Actually, I am just trying something now, and I have put the receiver in Standby to see how warm it gets and will it work properly later.

Title
    Thanks
    I have flashed the receiver ok and started as new. Now when I try to use ABM to scan, I get a message saying "setup in configuration" I have select expert in the config section.

What have I missed?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    It means your Tuner Configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It means your Tuner Configuration.

Yes ok thanks,.
    I configured the tuners to expert mode and saw it was 19.2 E Astra, but shouldn't it be 28.2 Astra?
    When I scanned using ABM there were no UK or English providers, and no Bouquets. I changed the tuners to 28.2, but I am getting this tuner "setup in configuration" again.

Title
    Thanks
    In tuner configuration you need to set all your satellite tuners to 28.2 Astra if you have Freesat.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    I have set both tuners to 28.2 Astra, and when I selected an automatic scan , it was scanning the 19.2 statellite.
    help!

I have a listing of freesat channels now, and have hidden what we don't watch, but there is no epg as of yet.

The background screen is of OpenVix, and has been saying "Please Wait" for the last 15 minutes. I don't know what it is waiting for.

Title
    Thanks
    Why are you doing an automatic scan? All you need to do when doing a fresh install and basic setup;
    Go through the FIW (First Install Wizard) where you select HDMI, Resolution etc. When at the Tuner Configuration you set both your tuners to 28.2 (Try Advanced, 28.2 Astra & LNB1). You would choose to not scan now and manually do this later etc. You would go into ABM (Service Searching) and select Freesat for your Providers, tailor your ABM setup to your needs and Start Scan. Exit back to your tv and if you press your TV button (you should have a Radio & a TV on your remote) and this will bring your Bouquets up. Select a section and a channel.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Why are you doing an automatic scan? All you need to do when doing a fresh install and basic setup;
    Go through the FIW (First Install Wizard) where you select HDMI, Resolution etc. When at the Tuner Configuration you set both your tuners to 28.2 (Try Advanced, 28.2 Astra & LNB1). You would choose to not scan now and manually do this later etc. You would go into ABM (Service Searching) and select Freesat for your Providers, tailor your ABM setup to your needs and Start Scan. Exit back to your tv and if you press your TV button (you should have a Radio & a TV on your remote) and this will bring your Bouquets up. Select a section and a channel.

Ok, I have re flashed the box again and started afresh.

Now after setting up the tuners to 28.2 Astra, then did a manual scan later. When I press the TV button I get a listing of Bouquets and then channels. I have the BBC1 HD channel playing ok.

What would be next to get the epg working as such.

Title
    Thanks
    For setting up your EPG do the following;
    Make sure in your EPG settings that the EPG data is saved to your HDD. Run a daily schedule to suit a time for you & ABM. So for example if you have scheduled a daily ABM scan for 5am then set the daily EPG schedule to run at 5:15am.
    In your CrossEPG use OpenTV to generate your EPG data.

Title
    Thanks
    Also should have said when you've setup Your EPG, exit back to your TV then press the Blue button and run CrossEPG Downloader.

Title
    Thanks
    Scrap Those last 2 posts. Just been told for Freesat no need to schedule a scan or use CrossEPG or OpenTV, so undo those but keep it so that your EPG data gets stored to your HDD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast