Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: os mini this is not a genuine stb message

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antoh85 View Post
    so called supplier today and explained about the box. person on the phone said he heard of this happening before but only when a line has been added to the box. I explained that the box was supplied with the suppliers image on it and I have never put a line in the box. his only suggestion was to email they're support and request the factory image.

emailed support with full details about getting 2 boxes one had suppliers vix image and other had atv. told them that the one with the vix image was unpackaged when i opened it and about the issue. I also asked about swapping the box.

response was "sorry to hear you have had issues with this box please find link to our image here:" (link to image). no answer about swapping the box. downloaded image. same image thats on the website. flashed box. followed instructions on the website to be sure. box came on and once again not a genuine box. so iv emailed them again that it didnt work and asked for a solution.

i did notice yesterday that the serial on the stb does not match the serial on the box
    How did you get on with that box Anto
    did they replace it ?
    I ask as I have bought from them before but I would not again if I thought they had stiffed you on returning it
    thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gerinemo For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (01-05-17),el bandido (01-05-17),john doe (01-05-17),ljmramst (01-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Strange how there's been no update from the op since april 18th. Free tv are one of the biggest if not the biggest satellite and tv supplies company in Ireland. every box comes with a full warranty , reflashing it does not void the warranty as Free tv already flash them and put their own bootlogo on them. If the serial numbers don't match then an exchange shouldn't even be an issue. In any case let us know what happened.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to afterburn For This Useful Post:

gerinemo (01-05-17)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234