Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: transcoding and streaming

Category:
Support Question
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes

Thread: transcoding and streaming

janm

transcoding and streaming

the transcoder seems to encounter problem , play a stream (say from a phone) initially its ok . stop and play different channel the images starts flashing green , the sound is ok but static flashing picture. If i reboot the box all is ok again. It happend quite often. tried different apps (including openwebif , click phone icon , play with vlc), exhibits same problem on all.
    This only happens to the transcoded stream. Anyway to correct this or reset without rebooting box.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I thought the gigablue quad+ was not able to do transcoding?

janm
    Im new to enigma2 box so bear with me, and thats the confusing part for me , i thought it had hardware transcoding (thats why i bought it, reading one or 2 reviews ) , but it may software only , i dont know, but im sure there are people who know exactly.
    Anyway e.g. from the openwebif movies menu there are 2 icons - computer and phone. if i click on computer icon , my phone download a m3u file which i can play with vlc , i can do the same if i click the phone icon. The difference between the 2 files (using same source) the m3u file from computer icon is using port 8001 and phone icon port 8002.
    There is transcoding plugin in openvix , which i set a very low bit rate so i could tell is not the original source visually , so there is transcoding is happening.
    But as i said i can select diferent channels , or movies ok but then it will go wrong visually on change.

janm
    i found another thread which is on openmips - you can transate via google - just think transcoder is not initializing when choosing new stream http://www.gigablue-support.org/giga...ng-bildfehler/

janm
    upgraded via usb to 5.0.002 , restored from setting from backup and not the plugins - hurrah - transcoding seems to be behaving its self
    No more green screen when watching changing channels from android app or other programs

5.0.003 released , decided to upgrade online from setup menu.
    Same problem reappeared - change channel from app then video stuck flashing green , audio ok.

So thought if i reinstall 5.003 via usb and only restore setting but not plugin (maybe something to with plugins), thought it was stable but no
    the green flashing screen appeared after a few cahnnel changes

restored the 5.0.002 image from backup , transcoding stable again on changing channel

so something changed in 5.0.003 causing the problem. (and was causing last pre 5 versions)

Can any you clever guys help ?