Hi - I have had the ET8500 for a few months now - my first "proper" box, having had Humax Freeview/Freesat offerings for years. It's been an extremely steep learning curve and I think I am slowly getting there but I now have a problem that I can't seem to get around so any thoughts would be welcome.

Just before xmas, whilst IPTV player was doing one of the updates it seems to want everytime I caught sight of an "error" message on screen - not sure what it said as it disappeared to quick. After a restart everytime I accessed plugins it said IPTV player was not found. I actually removed IPTV from the plugins, apparently successfully, but the error when accessing the reamining plugins still persisted?

The rest of the box seemed to be working as normal and as I had a lot of scheduled recordings set over the xmas period I decided to leave well alone and not try any further updates, to anything for the moment.

A week ago I decided I would try to update and get rid of the plugin error etc - I did a restore of my settings from my previous, all working, backups. This seemed to succeed, except when I later restarted the box it just stalled on the Xtrend logo and sat there for ages?

After a few expletives - I extracted the 4.2.20 image I had backed up onto an external USB HDD, installed this to a USB stick and reflashed the box with this. This also seemed to work - I then did a restore of my system using the settings made at the same time as the image. This got part way through then produced an error saying the feeds were down for maintenance please try later - although I notice my timers (now out of date) and plugins had actually been restored? I have tried this restore several times now and I always get the same result although I note IPTV player now works, does not produce an error and updates correctly?

However Openvix now obviously keeps showing there is an update to the system and everytime I select this I get the progress bar in the update screen which then fails about halfway and produces an error about a background check is being performed, try again in afew minutes? I have now turned off the background check in the settings but I still get this error!

I have downloaded V4.2.26 and was about to flash that BUT I don't want to make things worse so I thought it was about time I posted here (first one) and asked for HELP?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.