Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Autoresolution

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I've added back the options (the section of code replaced omitted them, though they were still being set up).

Attachment 52411

Here's a pull request for that:

Code:
     https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/158
    Glad to see that you continued working on it

Just tested that, which leads to the following questions:
    1- There is no SD 24fps option. Not sure if it was there before (or that we need it at all)?
    2- For 720p50 there is no option 720p50 (although for 720p24 there is 720p24). One can however set it to 720p, and in a later line the rehresh rate of 720p can be set to multi. Not sure if this is consistent behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
    This gives more WEIGHT to a total rebuild/rethink of the AR plugin .. indeed if it were possible I think it would be advantageous if it wasn't just a "plugin" but actually part of the AV Settings Menu but i guess not all users would appreciate that???
    Not sure; the embedded AR-functionality is meant for the most commonly used settings. Those who want more just install the plugin.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
    This gives more WEIGHT to a total rebuild/rethink of the AR plugin .. indeed if it were possible I think it would be advantageous if it wasn't just a "plugin" but actually part of the AV Settings Menu but i guess not all users would appreciate that???
    A simpler version already is in there.
    Personally I find it much simpler just to set the output of the box to be the "best" resolution that my TV can handle and let the box do any scaling. And I would expect that to be the simplest method for everyone except those who have multiple TVs with differing capabilities connected to the same box, so I'm always surprised to see everyone recommending turning on Automatic resolution.
    One other advantage, to me, of forcing the box to switch everything to 1080i/p is that this means my TV will always be receiving one resolution. It uses overscan by default, and I have to configure it to turn this of for each individual resolution (and on each individual port, IIRC).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    A simpler version already is in there.
    Personally I find it much simpler just to set the output of the box to be the "best" resolution that my TV can handle and let the box do any scaling. And I would expect that to be the simplest method for everyone except those who have multiple TVs with differing capabilities connected to the same box, so I'm always surprised to see everyone recommending turning on Automatic resolution.
    One other advantage, to me, of forcing the box to switch everything to 1080i/p is that this means my TV will always be receiving one resolution. It uses overscan by default, and I have to configure it to turn this of for each individual resolution (and on each individual port, IIRC).
    Yes my TV's do my switching too ... I'm just pleased that my 4K TV can display 4K signals and then when I change to SD/HD signals on VU+ box the TV re-scales to 1080p automatically ...

@Rob ... yes its obviously more user friendly to have a "basic" AR in AV Settings ... the only issue I have with plugins is that they sometimes get "left behind" as images improve/develop ... obviously more popular plugins are maintained to adapt to image upgrades etc

... the case of AR is case of such a plugin needing work hence this Thread I guess!!

Obviously some plugins are usually a 3rd party creation and I'm sure you image creators have to work/adapt with others to adopt them into your operating image??
    VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Just tested that, which leads to the following questions:
    1- There is no SD 24fps option. Not sure if it was there before (or that we need it at all)?
    Well, I've not changed anything in that area.
    The only thing I can think of that used 24fps signals was a DVD, which was always(?) 720p?

2- For 720p50 there is no option 720p50 (although for 720p24 there is 720p24). One can however set it to 720p, and in a later line the rehresh rate of 720p can be set to multi. Not sure if this is consistent behaviour?
    No it isn't. Or it wasn't, so I've changed it.

AR-plugin.zip

(It also meant that "720p" showed up twice in the list...)

Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/159
    Not sure; the embedded AR-functionality is meant for the most commonly used settings. Those who want more just install the plugin.
    Which is what I find odd, since turning it off completely is by far the simplest thing to do and so should be the most commonly used setting - IMHO.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Nitemare (03-02-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks Birdman, see
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/cbbe3e5fd033a9ea132894e311fcfdd7fc272d35
    Plugins have all sorts of lay-outs, issues with multiple images and are sometimes 'closed source'. We can often work-around issues, but not always.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 03-02-17 at 15:50.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Nitemare (03-02-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Which is what I find odd, since turning it off completely is by far the simplest thing to do and so should be the most commonly used setting - IMHO.
    It is
    1 = no AR
    2 = use embedded AR
    3 = use AR plugin

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Thanks Birdman, see
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/cbbe3e5fd033a9ea132894e311fcfdd7fc272d35
    oooh excellent ...!!

Plugins have all sorts of lay-outs, issues with multiple images and are sometimes 'closed source'. We can often work-around issues, but not always.
    Understood ...
    VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567