Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Satillite bouquet changed

Title
    Thanks

Satillite bouquet changed

Hi all
    I have had a few problems with my vu duo which I have sorted out by reloading the latest VIX image, no problems there. My problem is I loaded from SKY UK bouquet and also FTA UK for my local area, The BBC 1 channel was the correct one but had somehow ended up with the wrong ITV channel for my area so I ran another channel... Still the same problem not a major problem in itself more of an irritation really. So went to do another scan and the only bouquet I have available in the PROVIDERS menu is AUSTRIASAT 9E, the sky & FTA UK have disappeared... I have not moved the dish or changed any settings on the DUO box all I have done is moved channels in dreambox edit.. Can anyone tell how to get the sky/FTA bouquet providers back.
    Thanks
    Drew

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Satillite bouquet changed

You are best using AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) to create your Sky UK channels and forget about using Dreambox Edit to maintain your channel list. Also as you are using an old receiver like the Duo, make sure you setup a Swap File to help with CrossEPG etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 05-01-17 at 15:14. Reason: Typo
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I did use ABM, although that has now been solved, I unplugged the box and plugged back in and it was ok again.
    A swapfile?? I'm not even sure what that is ��. This is all like another language to me.

Title
    Thanks
    A swap file can be enabled from Blue button > ViX > Swap Manager. I advise to go with the 256MB option to the HDD, then activate & autostart it.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks, but what actually does that do?... I use dreambox edit to swap around the channels so the ones I use regularly are at the top for convenience, that's all really

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    A swap file has nothing to do with swapping channels around.
    Basically, it's a way of swapping out blocks of RAM to disc when the system is running low.
    It just runs in the background, you never need to do anything with it.
    Last edited by ccs; 05-01-17 at 22:32.

Title
    Thanks
    Oh right.... I've done that but I'm still done the wiser ...... But it sounds impressive.. Is DBE ok just for swapping channel order about... I get on ok with it.... Now that I've sorted out connecting to it

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah if you are happy using DBE you can carry on using that. Me personally just like simplicity, thus why ABM is perfect for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Sheppy100 (06-01-17)