Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update error help needed

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
    You need to clarify the following:

If that means 4.1.016 image release, you will need to flash any version 4.2.xxx WITHOUT restoring settings and plugins, basically, starting from scratch again. Presume that you understand how to connect to your boxes and FTP files in and out?

BEFORE you update, copy your Softcam Config files to your PC, viz:

If you are using CCCam, copy CCCam.cfg from /etc.

If you are using MGCamd, copy mg_cfg and newcamd.list from /usr/keys.

Flash the new image, either from USB stick if you have downloaded it to your PC, or via Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager/ Yellow button (downloads).

When the initial wizard asks if you want to restore settings, select 'no', same for plugins.

Use the wizard to setup the basics, including your tuners and then go to Menu/Plugins/Green Button (download plugins) - select softcams and download either CCCam 2.3 or MGCamd 1.38 - whichever you need. You can also download any other plugins you need at this point.

Setup and run ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) for your region (Menu/Service Searching/AutoBouquetsMaker) - if you don't understand how to do this, just ask.

Setup EPG (Menu/Setup/System/EPG) - presume that you have done this before? If not, refer to the ViX image guide or ask here!

Start your Softcam (Menu/Setup/Softcam/CI/Softcam Manager - select your Softcam, set it to Autostart, then activate it.

In channel selection settings (Menu/Setup/System/Channel selection settings) select 'Always show bouquets ' as 'yes' unless you prefer to access your bouquets differently.

If you are somewhat overwhelmed by all of this, don't panic! Although it might all seem like rocket-science to you at the moment, trust me, it will eventually become very easy!

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help - but, please try to explain your problem as clearly as you can.
    AWESOME!!! Thank you... I'll give it a go, but I reckon there'll be fireworks in our house tonight! lol

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beaudaniels View Post
    AWESOME!!! Thank you... I'll give it a go, but I reckon there'll be fireworks in our house tonight! lol
    I'll be on here tonight. If you are really struggling, I'll be glad to help you.
    2x TM Twin-OE, Fixed dish on 28.2E, quad LNB
    http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/co...y-emoticon.gif

Title
    Thanks
    Ok! It's clear have NO clue as to what I'm supposed to be doing..... :/
    Put the flash in the back of Edision with power off, turned and and I waited for the prompt of holding down ok.
    Nope, just went to a channel......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... try the alternative method suggested - "or via Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager/ Yellow button (downloads)."

Download the latest image, and then "Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager/ Blue (to restore the image you've just downloaded)"

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beaudaniels View Post
    Ok! It's clear have NO clue as to what I'm supposed to be doing..... :/
    Put the flash in the back of Edision with power off, turned and and I waited for the prompt of holding down ok.
    Nope, just went to a channel......
    Sounds like your USB stick was not recognised - presume you had it formatted to FAT32 before putting the update on it? Also, did you unzip the update and transfer the folder 'update' (plus all of it's contents) to the USB stick?

As ccs has pointed out - you should be able to download the latest image directly to the box and restore that from within Image Manager.
    2x TM Twin-OE, Fixed dish on 28.2E, quad LNB
    http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/co...y-emoticon.gif

Title
    Thanks
    Openvix 4.2.026 will fix all issues discussed on Edison mini and Xtrend 8500

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
    Xtrend and a few other boxes had a problem with using the Software Update feature updating to 4.2.22 and 4.2.23 if I remember correctly.

You entered that you were on 4.2 but not the release number (press Menu/Information/about and read the line which says Image: 4.2.xxx (Release))

Suggest that you make a settings backup (Menu/Setup/ViX/Backup Manager then Green button (New Backup) first of all, then do a 'couch flash':

1. Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager then Yellow button (Downloads), select 4.2.23 and then Green button then OK to 'yes' in the following pop-up.

2. When the download has completed, press Exit once to return to Image Manager, select 4.2.23 and then Blue button (Restore) then OK to 'yes' prompt.

3. The box will prepare and then the flashing tool will appear. It will take a good few minutes before the box reboots and the Initial Wizard starts.

4. The Wizard will help you get the basic setup, then ask if want to restore settings - select 'yes' and then select the settings backup you made earlier. After a short while, you will then be asked if you want to restore Enigma2 settings (yes) followed by Plugins (yes).

5. Go make a cup of tea!

6. All things being equal, the box will eventually reboot and you will be up and running again!

If you are totally new to all of this, it can seem a bit daunting, but further help will always be available here. If you do have problems, try to be as specific as you can as to what you have done and make a note of any error messages.

Good luck!
    I have been trying to update xtrend et8500, I have followed this guide, when the flashing tool came up I got a message saying "error E2 can't be stopped! Abort flashing." Now this is stuck on screen and nothing is happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    You obviously had something running... blue button should show such active tasks.
    So reboot and check to see ifanything is running like software update check, abm etc
    Then try ImageManger again
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, think I've gone the long way around but it finally rebooted, I had the original. 0.14 image on their so did a factory reset and am in the process of re-setting it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12