Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Uno 4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Simply put, the official sky receiver is shite. Thats my opinion. I'm a satellite enthusiast who likes to use my official card, in a receiver of my choice and not be forced to have a receiver from Sky. The beauty of E2 is you can modify, change skins, basically run it how you want to run it and not some crappy Sky receiver that can take 30 mins to reboot. Just because its not an official receiver doesn't mean everyone is getting Sky illegal, I for one use Oscam and my official card to view my Sky content.
    Hi Andy Thanks for reply but are you really telling me you have 4x Sky subscriptions - only going by the amount of boxes you have listed at the bottom of your posts
    Best wishes
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 07-01-17 at 04:34. Reason: Corrected quote code.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Nope only one subscription and my Vu+ Ultimo 4K has the Sky card and the other receivers feed off that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Simply put, the official sky receiver is shite.
    And believe me: the Sky-boxes you have in the UK are at least ten times better then the ones our Dutch provider 'offers' us (and most of the time not even for free either).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

New Uno 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    And believe me: the Sky-boxes you have in the UK are at least ten times better then the ones our Dutch provider 'offers' us (and most of the time not even for free either).
    I shudder at the thought.
    I watched a programme a couple of weeks ago, Watchdog it was, and the new SkyQ receiver takes 40 to 45 mins to reboot and majority keeps losing connection. That is scandalous don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    ....takes 40 to 45 mins to reboot....
    Imagine to have a testbox like that

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Nope only one subscription and my Vu+ Ultimo 4K has the Sky card and the other receivers feed off that.
    Hi Andy So FOUR boxes off one subscription hmmmm
    Best wishes
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 07-01-17 at 04:33. Reason: Corrected quote code.

Title
    Thanks
    The more i read the more i understand, I used to have enthusiasm.
    Now have a quiet life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dlmlus For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You can even use a receiver with no tuner.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (06-01-17),BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You can even use a receiver with no tuner.
    Hi abu How and why would you want to do that please? How do the programmes tune in then (or is that beyond my poor little brain at this time of night) - or maybe I shouldn't be asking
    Best wishes

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies if this incorrect. Your posts seem to suggest you have an agenda. Please spit it out.

To answer your question:
    You can have your card in one receiver, and watch the TV from other receivers in the house. You can even watch them on your tablet/phone.

The channels are tuned by the main receiver and transmitted over the network. Hardwired is better than wifi.

You'd do so because you want/need to. You can be watching sports with your friends and your kids watching cartoons in their room and wife watching soaps.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies if this incorrect. Your posts seem to suggest you have an agenda. Please spit it out.

To answer your question:
    You can have your card in one receiver, and watch the TV from other receivers in the house. You can even watch them on your tablet/phone.

The channels are tuned by the main receiver and transmitted over the network. Hardwired is better than wifi.

You'd do so because you want/need to. You can be watching sports with your friends and your kids watching cartoons in their room and wife watching soaps.
    Hi Abu Thanks for reply. No agenda intended here mate except that I thought c/s was a taboo subject and totally banned on this site but isn't that what's happening? If it is I certainly don't have a problem with it as I don't think Murderoch and his crew should have the total monopoly he has anyway.
    Best wishes

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BestDecoder View Post
    Hi Abu Thanks for reply. No agenda intended here mate except that I thought c/s was a taboo subject and totally banned on this site but isn't that what's happening? If it is I certainly don't have a problem with it as I don't think Murderoch and his crew should have the total monopoly he has anyway.
    Best wishes
    Simple answer, if you have a sub, do what you like with it. It's your business.
    If you don't have a sub, do what you like, it's your business but no help will be given to provide pay channels you don't pay for.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-01-17),BestDecoder (06-01-17),ccs (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BestDecoder View Post
    Best wishes
    In the example I posted, all the decryption is done by the main receiver. The host receiver does not do any decryption at all. It just processes the unencrypted video/audio data. There are no cams involved on the other receivers or indeed tablet or phone.

I think you reading too much into things. With Sky, you cannot easily take your card from one receiver and use it in another.

If you have seen a forum rule break, please report it.

Is there anything you want to ask? Within the rules of course.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    In the example I posted, all the decryption is done by the main receiver. The host receiver does not do any decryption at all. It just processes the unencrypted video/audio data. There are no cams involved on the other receivers or indeed tablet or phone.

I think you reading too much into things. With Sky, you cannot easily take your card from one receiver and use it in another.

If you have seen a forum rule break, please report it.

Is there anything you want to ask? Within the rules of course.
    Hi Abu Very many thanks for clearing that up - no I don't want to report anything as I believe everything to do with these boxes should be openly "up for discussion" and anything that means Murderoch and his crew loose out is brilliant - plus I wouldn't know what to report
    The only thing I would like to know (if allowed please) is where can I obtain a stable version of Oscam for my Solo2 and Zero boxes as everything I download says "unstable" and in fact is!!!! Of course if this isn't allowed please ignore and don't reply - I have gone through the Solo2 forum but can't find the answer.
    Very many thanks for everybodies help and the kindness shown. Best wishes to all as I'll not pursue this subject on this thread anymore

Title
    Thanks
    You can download the oscam binaries from link below. Just don't forget to use arm version for the Mutant hd51, mips for the others.
    Code:
    http://download.oscam.cc/
    You are indeed right, they are all classified as unstable. A bit like life really.
    Code:
    OSCam: 1.20-unstable_svn Build: r11315 Compiler: arm-linux-gnueabihf
    As was posted earlier, there are other forums who have different rules. To protect members, including you, and the forum, our rules are staying the same.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (07-01-17)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast