The new VU+Ultimo 4K looks and sounds like really interesting 4K receiver that I would like to add to my set up as from Jan 2017, it would be replacing one of my VU+Solo2 receivers.

At the moment reviews, and personal reviews are very thin on the ground due to its newness and thats why I am following the VU+Ultimo 4K forum threads closely in order to see how our forum members are getting on with this new receiver.

I have located a YouTube product breakdown/review of this product but sadly its in German the actual introduction starts at time code 7.57 from what I can understand it looks like a great unit and is "somewhat" future proof regarding 4kUHD which is good as I purchased a 4k UHD Samsung two months ago (KS9590 -German Model-KS9500)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgqC2o5M4p8&t=786s

This would be a receiver that I would love to purchase from our sponsor with these options ie, FBC/Cable Tuner/ 1tb HD but understanding how to proceed with all options that FBC turner offers requires from me a steep learning curve.

My current set up is a 80cm dish with a Inverto (x2) IDLB-QUTL 40 UN Quattro LNB Ultra feeding two VU+Solo2 receivers in a two room location, ie living room and work study. I am not sure if this LNB set up is suitable to operate the Ultimo fully or partly using the full FBC option but would be more then happy if this set up would indeed improve on my current set up even if not full utilised.

We also have a basic cable set up from our provider and I should take advantage of this in the event of heavy rain storms so adding this option would be sensible.

Really hope the Vix Image is able to fully support this receiver going forward as it could serve me well as a 4k receiver going forward well past 2017.

Just my thought and wishes going forward into 2017, would welcome any and all tips related to my thoughts.

Regards to all
John.