Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Webif Question

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question Open Webif Question

This question is with regards to the Open Webif interface that is accessed on the windows computer when your computer is connected to the VU box Via the same internet router that is also connected to VU box, in this case right now via an ethernet cable although I have another computer that accesses openWebif and the same box wirelessly too.

I am wondering if this is just a sheer coincidence of never noticing this before or if its maybe because I didn't use OpenVix until more recent times (using Version openvix-4.2.021) (See Attachment).

Question :, the two tuners are connected correctly on the box with both LNB feeds (if that makes a difference ?), When the VU box is switched on in the living room I can also see that its switched on in the Open Webif interface too on the computer.

Now, I can honestly say that I have never noticed this until now, if I switch the VU box off in the living room using the computers Open Webif interface to do so then yes it switches the VU box off obviously, but that's no good, I want to be able to maybe watch another channel from the VU on the computer and the wife wants to watch a movie or another channel, so I can't figure out how this is done.

Please try and remember that since I bought the box back in late 2010 I think it was, I only ever used one feed/one tuner as the wife was happy to view a freesat box which used the other sat feed, so this is all quite new to me in respect of what I have just explained.

The box is set up 100% perfectly as far as I am concerned, I had help when switching to OpenVix as I was unsure of using it and someone basically took me through it step by step etc.

But, I am almost positive that the previous image I used didn't have this same type of thing going on, I can't be 100% sure but I am just sure I can remember when using openpli that I was able to see the box was off in Open webif on my computer while the actual VU box was physically on in the living room, as I say, I can't be 100% sure though, so I could be wrong and this may be nothing more than something that I have just noticed after all these years, seems strange.

Plus the fact, how the heck can I pick one channel on the computer while the wife watches another, thats another one thats confusing me

MY VU+DUO BOX FLASH INFO 6TH DEC 2012.jpg
    VU+DUO (Genuine box - not a clone)
    FIXED 28.2e DISH
    System OE:OE-Alliance 3.4
    Firmware version:OpenViX 4.2.021 (2016-12-06)
    Kernel / Drivers:3.9.6 / 20151124

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you put the receiver into "deep standby", it cannot be used.

If you put it in "standby" or it is "on", you can stream from it.

Plus the fact, how the heck can I pick one channel on the computer while the wife watches another, thats another one thats confusing me
    If you click on the channel name, you change the channel on the receiver
    If you click on the little computer icon, you begin streaming without affecting main picture from the receiver.

I use VLC on my PC as the default media player.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BRAVEHEART (22-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you put the receiver into "deep standby", it cannot be used.
    If you put it in "standby" or it is "on", you can stream from it.
    If you click on the channel name, you change the channel on the receiver
    If you click on the little computer icon, you begin streaming without affecting main picture from the receiver.
    I use VLC on my PC as the default media player.
    Thanks abu baniaz

I use VLC too, Snap EDIT : just checked, its defo VLC I use for viewing with open webif.

I can stream from the VU to the computer, that is not a problem, never has been, and when the wife isnt watching the
    VU box and its on standby then I can still stream to the PC, that isnt the problem mate, its just like I described above.
    ohh, and its never in deep standby mode either mate.

If I change a channel using open webif on my computer then it changes in the living room too, and vice versa, if the
    box changes channel in the living room it changes on open webif on the computer too, how come ?

I know what you mean with clicking on the little computer icon on the computer screen in open webif.
    EDIT: hmmm, wait, maybe I aint using VLC player for Viewing more I think about it now, do you see the open
    webif in VLC player mate ?
    Either way, Open webif has the little computer icon thing your talking about anyway, I dont know if this is different in
    VLC player though, is it ?

All I have is the open webif screen, thats all.
    EDIT : just checked, its defo VLC I use for viewing with open webif.

Surely like for example just now she is watching another channel and I want to watch another channel on the
    computer, surely I must be able to do that ?

Isn't that what these boxes are all about, you can watch two channels on different sources, in my case on the computer and
    also the living room tv at same time while she watches something else, or am I getting mixed up with watch one and record another ? even at that I still cant figure that part out.

And what about how I can see the box is on in open webif on my computer, I am sure with the old openpli image the wife could have the VU box on in
    the living room watching something and on the open webif on my computer in the other room I could see that the open webif reported the box as being
    off, as I say, I could be wrong, I am not 100%.
    Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 22-12-16 at 01:39.
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Thanks
    If you click on a channel name, you will change the channel on the TV. Don't click on the the channel name. As I said before, click on the computer logo.
    stream.png

The old openwebinterface used to look like this

stream other.jpg

stream current.jpg

You have two tuners, you can record/stream/watch/from two transponders. If you try to access a service on a third one, it won't work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BRAVEHEART (22-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    If I change a channel using open webif on my computer then it changes in the living room too, and vice versa, if the box changes channel in the living room it changes on open webif on the computer too, how come?
    Because you've changed channel....
    So, as Abu says, don't change channel.
    Just stream the one which you want to watch.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

BRAVEHEART (22-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

Thanks abu baniaz, I will need to try this out tomorrow as shes away to bed ages ago and the VU box is in the other room, so it saves me going back and forth if she can tell me what is happening.

I also did notice that Open Webif has been updated now too, looks much much better I am happy to say

I never click on the channel name, I have always clicked on the little computer screen icon that you show in your photo, what then happens is it asks me to save a file which I always save to desktop, for example, its called 'stream (3).m3u', so I save that file and click on it to play the channel, only takes like a second anyway, no big deal.

But, thats the way its always been since as far back as I can remember, and I am almost 90% sure earlier that when I was doing that it was also changing the channel on the VU box in the living room too because I was wanting to watch one thing and she wanted to watch another, so I just gave in and let her watch whatever she wanted and I gave up.

Hmmmm

p.s
    as you can see its the the new edition of openwebif I have in the attached photo.

openwebif new.jpg
    Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 22-12-16 at 03:47.
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BRAVEHEART For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Forget openwebif for now, we'll get back to it later. Can you record one channel and watch another?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BRAVEHEART (22-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe we are all getting mixed up because of my original first post of my thread here as it is kinda confusing, I dunno man, I am still though, hmmm, but hey, I have the greatest of respect for any of you guys that can and do try help, so don't think that I don't appreciate it, I do very much (its just me that's obviously AGAIN doing something wrong).
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

Forget openwebif for now, we'll get back to it later. Can you record one channel and watch another?
    I can't test the recording feature yet mate as I have not yet backed up my full image etc which should be done a.s.a.p and will be, the backup image file is saved to the main hard drive on the VU so I will need to get a FULL COPY of that including Everything should anything go wrong, so I don't even want to touch recording yet just in case I some how record over that file (dont want to risk it as its all set up perfect), I hope and am sure you understand.

When I do back the backup the Entire Full Image including every single thing as it is now, I will be doing it directly from the VU box to the computer here (ethernet cable to computer) and then saving the file to various backup drives including usb stick etc, hopefully I can get all that into the normal "vuplus" flashing file so that its directly flashable via usb.
    Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 22-12-16 at 04:15.
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Thanks
    Post a picture of your tuner configuration for tuner a

Post a picture of your tuner configuration for tuner b

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you got zap before stream enabled?
    If so turn it off.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (22-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Have you got zap before stream enabled?
    If so turn it off.
    dont know, whats the pros and cons of that and if its all cons then I will switch it off if you tell me
    where to find it on the menu please ?
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

If you click on a channel name, you will change the channel on the TV. Don't click on the the channel name. As I said before, click on the computer logo.
    stream.png

The old openwebinterface used to look like this

stream other.jpg

stream current.jpg

You have two tuners, you can record/stream/watch/from two transponders. If you try to access a service on a third one, it won't work.

yes, it works mate as you said, I tried tonight as I was able to ask her to tell me whats happening on the main tv while I watched another channel on the computer

Cheers mate

I guess all the years that went by just using one single feed in one tuner stopped me doing this, so this is MUCH better now and I guess that's why I was getting confused with this, easy mistake to make when your not used to these things, learn something new everyday as they say
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted, no need to upset the wife so close to Christmas.
    The zap before stream i mentioned , if you are streaming and it is enabled it will change the box to that channel, it should generally be left off, i think, i don't know it's nearly here, just need some snow.
    Last edited by DaMacFunkin; 23-12-16 at 06:33.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

BRAVEHEART (25-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Glad you got it sorted, no need to upset the wife so close to Christmas.
    The zap before stream i mentioned , if you are streaming and it is enabled it will change the box to that channel, it should generally be left off, i think, i don't know it's nearly here, just need some snow.
    so should this zap thing defo be on or off I wonder ?

Where do I find it on the menu either way ?
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast