Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scan tuner B question

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    looks like channels are there

are you downloading the epg to the flash drive of box or external HDD. if exteral HDD have you formatted it and mounted it
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What do you mean by "EPG"?

Explain how you are doing this? "I select epg from the Movies section." Restart the receiver and then list every button press you are making.

Not being pedantic for the sake of it, but helps to be in your shoes in order to help you.

Title
    Thanks
    In post 8. There are several links for you. Reconsider applying the guidance in the third one.

Title
    Thanks
    I switched the satellite box off then back on again, and after or while booting, there were digits in the display, and then the time came on. The digits were like 3302, as an example.
    I then pressed the TV button on the remote, and the channels were listed. I went into setup from the menu button , service searching, abm, providers, then exit out of prividers, then select scan. After scan was complete, exited out of the setup/menu, pressed the TV button on remote, selected sky movies from the list, the pressed the epg button on the remote.

Title
    Thanks
    I switched the satellite box off then back on again, and after or while booting, there were digits in the display, and then the time came on. The digits were like 3302, as an example.
    I then pressed the TV button on the remote, and the channels were listed. I went into setup from the menu button , service searching, abm, providers, then exit out of prividers, then select scan. After scan was complete, exited out of the setup/menu, pressed the TV button on remote, selected sky movies from the list, the pressed the epg button on the remote.

Regarding the 3rd link in post #8, I changed the are from London to West Yorkshire, before I selected scan

Title
    Thanks
    Which did you select? West Yorkshire SD, West Yorkshire HD or West Yorkshire Custom. If not the custom one, select it and run ABM again.

The Movies bouquet/folder/category/genre/group won't have EPG.
    The individual channels in there will have EPG data.

One way to select a channel...
    Press the TV button.
    Select the bouquet/folder/category/genre/group you want
    Select the channel you want

Another way to select a channel...
    Press EPG (this will open the graphical EPG based on the last bouquet you selected)
    Press the TV button.
    Select the bouquet/folder/category/genre/group you want
    Select the channel you want

Title
    Thanks
    In the providers list FreeSAT is England HD West Yorkshire, but SkyUK is North West Yorshire SD. All of the sky areas are showing as SD, so is there a way to change to HD.

I appreciate you saying how to select channels, and it is the 2nd option you give that I have been doing, but there is the problem, no tv listing are shown as the screen is blank.

(I'm going to pring the ViX manual later when I have a bit more time)

Title
    Thanks
    You cannot watch almost all Sky HD channels. Select west Yorkshire Custom, this will remove the unavailable HD channels for you. Do not select Not SD or HD!

There is no need for Freesat, almost all those those channels will be in the Sky bouquets. Best to disable it or make it second provider.

Title
    Thanks
    When West Yorkshire custom was selected, and I then selected a scan, but an error message appeared on the screen saying it could not read the data. I changed the provider to Atherston HD, which it was set to inially, but no sky movie epg, and even when I select a specific movie from the TV listing it won't play. All the Free chanels will play and I get an epg display for them, but not any others.

I have changed the provider to North Yorkshire custom now and is still the same.
    Last edited by avalon65; 15-12-16 at 16:24.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    When West Yorkshire custom was selected, and I then selected a scan, but an error message appeared on the screen saying it could not read the data. I changed the provider to Atherston HD, which it was set to inially, but no sky movie epg, and even when I select a specific movie from the TV listing it won't play. All the Free chanels will play and I get an epg display for them, but not any others.

I have changed the provider to North Yorkshire custom now and is still the same.
    I would start for the beginning with epg. you never answered what method you are saving epg (HDD, internal flash ???)

if you not getting paid channels to work, then this depends on your local card.
    Last edited by john doe; 15-12-16 at 16:57.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies , I forgot about the epg saving. It is save to a prepared 32gb usb stick which I plugged in before anything else.

How do you mean, start with the epg? How would I do that; setup or something else.
    What do you mean about the local card, as I don't have a card of any description, and never had sky tv at all.

Title
    Thanks
    Her is better off dealing with one thing at a time and not jumping between issues. He is better off sorting out his bouquets first.

EPG data will show irrespective of whether you can decrypt a channel or not. The EPG ecosystem loads up using the bouquet system.The Freesat and EIT EPG readers are enabled by default. This is why his free channels have EPG data. The OpenTV EPG (what Sky channels use) needs work.

I posted links for him to read and action. There is no logical and linear response and he is going from one topic to another.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Apologies , I forgot about the epg saving. It is save to a prepared 32gb usb stick which I plugged in before anything else
    How do you mean, start with the epg? How would I do that; setup or something else.

unplug usb and format it to fat32, plug off receiver and put usb in. switch box on, once on mount usb. then download epg to the usb.
    What do you mean about the local card, as I don't have a card of any description, and never had sky tv at all.
    have you mounted the usb drive or just plugged it in?

unplug usb and format it to fat32, switch off receiver and put usb in. switch box on, once on, mount usb. then download epg to the usb.

are you just wanting to view freeview or wanting all channels? if you wanting all channels then you need a sky card

see post 27
    Last edited by john doe; 15-12-16 at 17:14.

Title
    Thanks
    I appreciate you saying how to select channels, and it is the 2nd option you give that I have been doing, but there is the problem, no tv listing are shown as the screen is blank.
    For time being use option 1 to select your channels.

Title
    Thanks
    In post #5 of the Channels and Bouquets the top pic shows no program data , and the bottom one shows program data. I'm guessing that one pic is is Entertainment Bouquet and the other is HD Bouquet , so which one is whch because my suituation is like the to pic, and want to see if I can get like the bottom one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast