Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    Thanks
    I'm sorry - I'm going to have to throw myself on the mercy of kind people on here.... I know I'm being very stupid but.....

4008 arrived today, I can see it's incredibly clever, and thanks to the Wizard I've even got it showing the Multistream French TV channels on 5 deg W, far more than I expected in half an hour...

But oh oh oh the rest of it.... I can't even see how to organise/delete channels. I've looked for a manual on line but I suppose there are so many software variants that maybe this simply doesn't exist.

I've looked in MENU but for channel operations I can't see this helps. At this stage I just want to clear out all the channels that I don't need or that it won't get..... Putting the channels in frequency order or alphbetical order would be better than nothing - surely there must be a way to do that. Can one batch delete (like on a Technomate, I'm much more used to that system of menus).

So please, could some one point me to a fool's (and I mean fool's!) guide on getting started with basic stuff. Mine has got Open Arm I think loaded on it.

10/10 to the sponsors though, they answered my presale questions and ordering and delivery were top-notch.
    Last edited by moulin; 24-03-17 at 13:41.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garglo View Post
    I have the 4K Octagon plugged into a HDMI input on a SONY STRDH750 RECEIVER and that plugged into the HDMI Input on the LG 4K OLED TV. When the SOUND volume is adjusted on the SONY amp, the TV picture blanks for about 5 secs then the sound mutes for another 2 secs and then both picture and sound return to normal. Touch the volume control again, the problem repeats. This only happens with the Octagon Receiver. I have Blue Ray player and a Vu+Solo2 connected to inputs on the amp and there is no problem with picture and sound loss. Octagon and Vu+Solo2 have OpenVix images and the settings in the HDMI CEC are the same. Both off. Have tried all the settings in the SONY amp HDMI settings to no avail. Can any one solve this annoying problem.
    I connect my SF4008 to my Samsung TV with HDMI. I then have an optical SPDIF feed from the TV to my hifi. I use the HDMI CEC settings on the SF4008 to make it switch the TV off and on, and the volume control & mute contrils on the SF4008 remote are ignored.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to machare For This Useful Post:

Garglo (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moulin View Post
    But oh oh oh the rest of it.... I can't even see how to organise/delete channels. I've looked for a manual on line but I suppose there are so many software variants that maybe this simply doesn't exist.

I've looked in MENU but for channel operations I can't see this helps. At this stage I just want to clear out all the channels that I don't need or that it won't get..... Putting the channels in frequency order or alphbetical order would be better than nothing - surely there must be a way to do that. Can one batch delete (like on a Technomate, I'm much more used to that system of menus).
    I use Dreamboxedit to download the channel data from my receiver to my PC. I then rearrrange the channels into bouquets the way I like, and then send them back to the receiver.

You can download Dreamboxedit to your Windows PC from the General Download/Settings editors section of this website. There are other editors.

I would think the above will work with any version of Linux that you may be running

If your a fan of SKY channel numbers, there are other solutions. - Maybe just Vix

To select a bouquet on the receiver, press the up arrow on the remote, then the blue button, then choose the bouquet you want.

The receiver will then stay using that bouquet until you change to, another one.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks machare - appreciated; it was after all you who inspired me to try this box! Amazed at how easily it found the French multistreams, although for some reason it's missed LCI. I'm sure I'll get used to the box, although I don't find the menus intuitive (I note they change depending on where one is within the box's functions). Just a question of having a good play and perhaps a delete!

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I bought two units of Octagon 4K SF4008. Both stuck during flashing (Openvix). Display shows "rootfile system". Tried recovery flash on 3 different usb stick without any results. Any advice?
    Last edited by msjm1313; 24-03-17 at 18:59.

Title
    Thanks
    If you look at:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-5W-fta.php
    you will see that LCI is on 12648 V 29500 Rec 8/9 Stream 3.

So go to: Setup/Service Searching/Manual Scan

Set 'Type of scan' to 'Predefined transponder'

Use the right arrow to scroll through the transponders until you get the one above and then press OK to start the Scan.

You should then get LCI and you may find the receiver switches to some encrypted Canal+ channel.
    If that happens, exit the menus, press the up arrow, blue, and select the 'Last scanned' bouquet. You can the select LCI (hopefully)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks machare - I'll give it a go. Might as well get the full house.

If I can find out how to use favourites that will make my life easier, and I WILL have a go at the channel editing idea you mentioned, but not until tomorrow!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msjm1313 View Post
    Hi, I bought two units of Octagon 4K SF4008. Both stuck during flashing (Openvix). Display shows "rootfile system". Tried recovery flash on 3 different usb stick without any results. Any advice?
    I flashed mine with Vix 5.0.004. To run the flash I had to press the button just to the left of the front panel display. I used the socket under the flap to the right of the front panel display. I happened to be using a USB 3.0 stick.

I hope you downloaded the correct version of Vix for SF4008 receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Make sure they are formatted fat32, unfortunately until you find a stick that works this is like drawing teeth, what were you flashing from?
    Does it still boot to the original image?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Well I now have LCI but for some reason it's completely changed the channel list, the numbers I wrote down for my most used channels have all altered - not by a few - but by lots. A whole lot of channels in the 2000s have simply disappeared.

Really this software is a disaster!

Is there a way of deleting everything and just scanning in my choices? If I do a factory reset will it kill Open ATV - if so will I be left with any software at all?

I'm now frankly frightened of breaking this receiver (see msjm1313's post) and am beginning to think it's going to go into the attic with a label "learn not to buy anything so complicated again".
    Last edited by moulin; 24-03-17 at 19:28.

Title
    Thanks
    All sticks fat32 formatted they works on other box (VU+4K). I used front socket under flap. On original image stuck on boot.
    I tried open atv.6.0, 5.3, Opensi4.0, Openhdf 5.5.
    No progress. Stuck on "rootfile system".
    Last edited by msjm1313; 24-03-17 at 19:36.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moulin View Post
    Well I now have LCI but for some reason it's completely changed the channel list, the numbers I wrote down for my most used channels have all altered - not by a few - but by lots. A whole lot of channels in the 2000s have simply disappeared.

Really this software is a disaster!

Is there a way of deleting everything and just scanning in my choices? If I do a factory reset will it kill Open ATV - if so will I be left with any software at all?

I'm now frankly frightened of breaking this receiver (see msjm1313's post) and am beginning to think it's going to go into the attic with a label "learn not to buy anything so complicated again".
    Actually this software is pretty straight forward ...... but to start...
    1. raise your own post rather than using this one.
    2. specify your config (satellites, setup, image etc)
    Then we can help.
    At the moment I have no idea of your setup or what you are trying to do.

It really is not that difficult, once you tell us what you are trying to do!!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Where did you buy them from? If WoS talk to them
    I normally couch flash everything but recently had to usb flash the SF4008 and the only only stick that worked was my very oldest .. slow and small size (not even sure of the size but its not a lot!)
    Last edited by twol; 24-03-17 at 19:50.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks

Octagon SF4008. Stuck due to flashing.

I tried to flash Openvix and few other images. I have 2 units of Octagon SF4008. Both stuck, display shows Rootfile System. I used 3 different USB formatted on fat32. For flashing i used USB under front flap. Also i tried recovery flash. Both units stuck. Pls help me.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Try re formatting the usb with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool formats to FAT32
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast