Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    Thanks

OCTAGON SF4008 REMOTE - Programing

Firstly this Octagon receiver is FABULOUS and Vix is the best image out there. Just sold my Vu+Duo2.

I need a button on the Octagons remote (eg F2 or other) to power up the LG 4K OLED TV. (Wife wants less remotes)

The Octagon has:- Menu/Setup/System/User Interface/Button Setup/ where from here or is it not possible.

Do I have to use the Vu Remote on the Octagon by:-
    WARNING DON'T TRY THIS ... UNLESS YOU HAVE A Vu+ REMOTE
    Menu/Setup/System/Input devices/ OK Remote Control type >>> Vu+ and others
    This works but one has only the Vu+ Remote working. The Octagon Remote dead.
    The TV button on the Vu+ Remote then can be programmed to switch on the TV.
    Pity because the Octagon Remote has good features and button, feel wise, maybe better.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garglo View Post
    WARNING DON'T TRY THIS ... UNLESS YOU HAVE A Vu+ REMOTE
    I just freaked out because I went back to the default setting (Meaning Octagon Remote) but Vu+ remote remained the only live working remote.
    Powered receiver off and presto the Octagon remote was working again. WHEW

Title
    Thanks

OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

You can use the HDMi cec to get power the TV on and off with octagon remote.

So if you put the box in standby the TV also goes into standby and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to garryboy For This Useful Post:

Garglo (15-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garglo View Post
    I just freaked out because I went back to the default setting (Meaning Octagon Remote) but Vu+ remote remained the only live working remote.
    Powered receiver off and presto the Octagon remote was working again. WHEW
    Interesting.. say you add wrong remote by mistake, is there a fallback where I can go back to Octagon remote? Without re-flash obviously Best would be if Octagon remote is active + whatever you want to add (Vu, Dreambox etc).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Link your remote to the tv.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gammgubbe View Post
    Interesting.. say you add wrong remote by mistake, is there a fallback where I can go back to Octagon remote? Without re-flash obviously Best would be if Octagon remote is active + whatever you want to add (Vu, Dreambox etc).
    Can use Webif to connect to the reciever which includes a remote control and can use that to reset to defualt.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to garryboy For This Useful Post:

gammgubbe (15-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all just received an email from WOS with this in it - NEW TECHNOMATE TRIPLE TUNER COMBO MODEL 1X DVB-S2 + 2X DVB-C 4K, so was wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare it to the SF4008 please?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by rajigagi; 19-03-17 at 18:47.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    I have no idea about technomate, but the difference with the SF4008 (which technology wise is a typical S. Korean or Chinese derivative) is that Octagon are a German company that is trying very hard to support the product and provide added function ..... very rare in this business.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

rajigagi (19-03-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I would stick with the SF4008 it will have more support from image builders and octagon them self which has been outstanding so far
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

rajigagi (20-03-17)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I have no idea about technomate, but the difference with the SF4008 (which technology wise is a typical S. Korean or Chinese derivative) is that Octagon are a German company that is trying very hard to support the product and provide added function ..... very rare in this business.
    ???? What are you on about? Technomate are a British Company and their E2 receivers are Korean manufactured just like the Octagon SF4008. For the record Technomate also provide excellent support. Next OpenViX build will have OpenMultiboot on the TM-Twin 4K and Kodi will also be available in the future.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (20-03-17),gammgubbe (21-03-17),rajigagi (20-03-17)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    TM-Twin 4K actually have a newer spec CPU It already has OpenATV and OpenViX images. Also OpenPLi based 4D image.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

el bandido (20-03-17),rajigagi (20-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    ???? What are you on about? Technomate are a British Company and their E2 receivers are Korean manufactured just like the Octagon SF4008. For the record Technomate also provide excellent support. Next OpenViX build will have OpenMultiboot on the TM-Twin 4K and Kodi will also be available in the future.
    Sicilian, if you actually READ my comment, I said NOTHING about Technomate bcause I know NOTHING about them ... if you read that as negative that's your issue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Huevos,
    how would you rate tuner sensitivity of sf4008 based on your experience with many other E2 boxes on 28.2 E

thank you for shots
    so multistream Is supported with ViX Image
    I have read that only tuner B supporting It
    which Is your configuration - 3 x DVB S2 tuners ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Last edited by sasho; 20-03-17 at 12:03.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    The Technomate TM-Twin 4K is pig ugly and the remote looks like it was made by a blue peter contestant, come on Technomate take some time and effort and make your products look appealing for costumers do not use parts from the left over parts bin
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    There are two things I badly want to see on this receiver: Blind scan and Kodi. While we wait, is there a substitute for Kodi that works on SF4008? Maybe XBMC...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to gammgubbe For This Useful Post:

el bandido (21-03-17)

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast