Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    4 tuners ?

It comes with 8 as a minimum (providing you have the right lnb, or a cable feed to use it with) and is expandable to 18 tuners (internal).
    I'd have the full 18 if i was currently fit enough to sort my lnb out, when i eventually get round to it i may have to do an external split and hide it on the side of the chimney, anybody seen a suitable external box to house a splitter?
    p.s. if the Ultimo is DVB-S2X compatible as some are suggesting then it is the Ultimate.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Seems a bit harsh comparing the et4008 which has barely hit the shops to the HD51 that has been out for months and will have had most driver issues fixed
    Actually, thinking about your response, made me remember that my in-laws baby-sit our house and dog in a few weeks, and with their wonderful (non) technical skills, it makes more sense to use the SF4008 with its smaller footprint and its far superior remote in the lounge - I usually use an IPAD remote controller app normally, but this is way beyond my in-laws capabilities ... hopefully the SF4008 is close enough to the Xtrend's in look, feel and keys to handle their special requirements

Also the Mutant HD51 with its multi image capabilities works better as my image test box --- so a win - win situation
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,958 Times in 3,277 Posts
    4 tuners ?

It comes with 8 as a minimum (providing you have the right lnb, or a cable feed to use it with) and is expandable to 18 tuners (internal).
    Ultimo 4K does not have 8 tuners. It has 2 tuners that can acess multiple transponders in a few specific configurations. 8 tuners is something that someone dreamed up to represent this functionality in the UI. The reality is it is not 8 tuners and you could not attach 8 independent aerial systems to it.You can't even call more than one instance of get frontend.
    Last edited by Huevos; 11-02-17 at 11:45.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    From a Cable TV point of view, why would you need to attach 8 different Cable's? Are there Private residential addresses in the world that have multiple Cable TV providers?
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    I'd have the full 18 if i was currently fit enough to sort my lnb out, when i eventually get round to it i may have to do an external split and hide it on the side of the chimney, anybody seen a suitable external box to house a splitter?
    p.s. if the Ultimo is DVB-S2X compatible as some are suggesting then it is the Ultimate.
    I have all 18 in use.

16x sat and 2x cable.

I also have turbo tuner connected for T2 giving me 19 in total, but that only works with BH and VTi at the moment.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Ultimo 4K does not have 8 tuners. It has 2 tuners that can acess multiple transponders in a few specific configurations. 8 tuners is something that someone dreamed up to represent this functionality in the UI. The reality is it is not 8 tuners and you could not attach 8 independent aerial systems to it.You can't even call more than one instance of get frontend.
    Ok if you want to take it literally then, yes it only has 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tuners, but if you have the correct setup (unicable II), then you can tune 18 different transponders at the same time which effectively makes it 18 tuners, which you can't do with any other receiver.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Ok if you want to take it literally then, yes it only has 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tuners, but if you have the correct setup (unicable II), then you can tune 18 different transponders at the same time which effectively makes it 18 tuners, which you can't do with any other receiver.
    The final restriction is the number of demuxers. I think with the Ultimo 4K has 23 so that would be the limit.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    From a Cable TV point of view, why would you need to attach 8 different Cable's? Are there Private residential addresses in the world that have multiple Cable TV providers?
    I was talking about satellite. Cable is a different issue. For a start there needs to be a way to differentiate between multiple cable providers. Currently cable namespace is 0xFFFF0000. To have multiple operators to one receiver that would need to change.

I seem to recall a thread about this some time ago on PLi forum.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've had this box for a day now and to me it's the best box I've owned so far but lets get things in perspective here, if you just have a fixed dish setup then I guess there's no real advantage over any other box at this point in time but, if like me you like to receive and tune unusual channels (ie multistream channels an various sats across the arc) and have a motorised system then SF4008 comes into it's own and is brilliant.

I have this box setup temporarily in my office currently running openATV 6.0 but as soon as a ViX image is available it will replace my Solo 4k in the lounge with no hesitation.

For those who would like extra tuners then I currently have 2 USB tuners plugged in - a Sundtek DVB-S2 and a DVBSky cable tuner and both are working flawlessly.

Did I mention I love this box

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-02-17),dlmlus (12-02-17),khan888 (12-02-17),Sicilian (12-02-17),twol (12-02-17)

Title
    Thanks

Cool

[QUOTE=maxben;439090] if you just have a fixed dish setup then I guess there's no real advantage over any other box at this point in time.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but would this exclude any 4K content? Thanks

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    No if your sat gets 4K you will.

There are lots of useless 4K test channels out there including 4K test on 28.2E.

The beeb is rumoured will be showing Wimbledon in 4K.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure I understand your question but the only advantage at this time the SF4008 has over any other 4k box is it can receive any 4k channels transmitted in DVB-S2X which at the moment there is only one which is the Dolby Labs Test Stream on 19.2e but I believe DVB-S2X tuners are now available for the Mut@nt HD51.

What I like about Octagon is that they are very proactive with drivers and other fixes.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Sky have said they will broadcast F1 in 4K this year

PHP Code:
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/9/tata-communications-readies-sky-for-f1-in-uhd-in-2017.html 
    All the 4K channels over Europe

PHP Code:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/ultrahd.php 
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    Not sure I understand your question but the only advantage at this time the SF4008 has over any other 4k box is it can receive any 4k channels transmitted in DVB-S2X which at the moment there is only one which is the Dolby Labs Test Stream on 19.2e but I believe DVB-S2X tuners are now available for the Mut@nt HD51.

What I like about Octagon is that they are very proactive with drivers and other fixes.
    Both Mutant and especially Octagon (at this moment ) are excellent ....... Octagon have a representative on the ATV forum and judging from his responses doesn't seem to sleep much
    Its always a difficult balancing point between a company and their users/image providers but Octagon are extremely responsive (sometimes not keen to take criticism - but if you provide proof they try to react) but overall very good. Their marketing of this product has been terrific providing proof of delivery rather than just marketing hype and it nice to at least feel they listen......
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Box turned up today great service from wos as always so far very happy with it need to add HDD not easy with builders hands
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast