Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Just got my tracking info from wos best cancel my Monday Pilates class
    Me TOOOOOOOooooooo.

Title
    Thanks
    I have never considered a Octagon receiver in the past but this does look like a really sensible box to consider as I would like to invest in a 4k receiver with a Vix image....going to be keeping a eye on this thread and the overall development that is going on.

Regards
    John.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    All I would say is all the videos and the marketing has really hyped up this receiver, hope it delivers......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

gabriele (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    All I would say is all the videos and the marketing has really hyped up this receiver, hope it delivers......
    Couldn't agree more Andy.
    Its really nice to see a supplier Octagon working so closely with an image provider .... but this can (and currently looking at an issue with the hd51) lead to issues that affect other images...maybe too close

So far my view of the HD51 vs the SF4008 is pretty equal ..... there are plusses and minusses on both sides.
    I am certainly not seeing the tuner benefits I expected to see .... but I have an unusual situation living on the edge of 28.2E FTA reception

So at the moment I am actually coming down on the HD51 side ... if the apparent issue can be fixed

..... but the HD51 remote is a real pig
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-02-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Looks like the biggest moan on the atv forum is the lack of descent rubber feet so the front flap dont lift the front of the receiver up when opening the flap to gain access to the USB socket.

The simple things can annoy the Germans lol
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have been following these 2 receivers with interest as i am debating getting a LG OLED 4k TV & a Suitable 4k Receiver and so far for me it's looking like the Ultimo 4k

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I can understand (obviously living in Germany rubs off ), but its the number of screws on the casing and HDD cradle that drove me mad..... very poor..... plus poor cabling.
    Remote is super.
    .... but picturewise, yes its super but = HD51.

So the Marketing hype on the tuners ... doesn,t actually work for me, so really disappointed.
    Also the SF4008 doesn't currently have the HDMI colourmetric options of the HD51.
    .. and the HD51 has multi image support built in ... a plus for me.

So at the moment the SF4008 is heading towards my backup office receiver ... cie la vie
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Biggest problem with the Ultimo 4k is the price and if you don't need 4 tuners or more there are cheaper 4K boxes to spend your money on.
    Last edited by bassethound; 10-02-17 at 20:49.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Biggest problem with the Ultimo 4k is the price and if you don't need 4 tuners there are cheaper 4K boxes to spend your money on.
    4 tuners ?

It comes with 8 as a minimum (providing you have the right lnb, or a cable feed to use it with) and is expandable to 18 tuners (internal).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (10-02-17),bassethound (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    i have been following these 2 receivers with interest as i am debating getting a LG OLED 4k TV & a Suitable 4k Receiver and so far for me it's looking like the Ultimo 4k
    You are obviously a Harrods guy
    The Ultimo would be useless for me, everybody talks about how many channels they can record..... but only if you can actually pick them up... for me the Ultimo is still a box thats trying to find a solution to an issue thats not actually an issue .
    Last edited by twol; 10-02-17 at 20:51.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Well, I can understand (obviously living in Germany rubs off ), but its the number of screws on the casing and HDD cradle that drove me mad..... very poor..... plus poor cabling.
    Remote is super.
    .... but picturewise, yes its super but = HD51.

So the Marketing hype on the tuners ... doesn,t actually work for me, so really disappointed.
    Also the SF4008 doesn't currently have the HDMI colourmetric options of the HD51.
    .. and the HD51 has multi image support built in ... a plus for me.

So at the moment the SF4008 is heading towards my backup office receiver ... cie la vie
    Seems a bit harsh comparing the et4008 which has barely hit the shops to the HD51 that has been out for months and will have had most driver issues fixed

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (11-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I agree with Ev0, and the Ultimo 4K is a cracking receiver.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the Ultimo 4K is a cracking receiver id love one but the price tag is high for a sat receiver that i would not use to its full capability's

Title
    Thanks
    Seems a bit harsh comparing the et4008 which has barely hit the shops to the HD51 that has been out for months and will have had most driver issues fixed
    Probably..... but SF4008 been available for longer here on the continent ... and the work between Octagon and ATV has been impressive and been ongoing for some months... but can only compare what I see

Unfortunately, the Germanic area is a bigger market for these guys and they start here much earlier, which is why they are starting to work closely with ATV (my view) .. which I view as both positive and perhaps negative

Really at this moment its a toss of the coin between both receivers and probably down to user choice
    Last edited by twol; 10-02-17 at 21:05.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When will Vix be released for the sf4008? i can wait till Monday when my box arrives

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast