Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New build house, no signal

Title
    Thanks

New build house, no signal

My girlfriend has just moved into a new house which at the minute doesn't have any satellite or Ariels set up yet. Dish being installed later in week. She has an Ariel and distribution amp which had been set up in her old house in the attic and worked the TVs in the 3 bedrooms while the dish worked the living room.
    For whatever reason In the new house the Ariel doesn't work or pick up signal inside like the old house, (there's less than a mile distance between houses). Each room has an Ariel point in the walls and I've found the four cables rolled up in the attic.

Question is: when the satellite dish is finally set up, it will obviously run a dual coax cable into box in living room, can I buy another cable and fit to the remaining openings on the lnb and run into the distro amp, and then connect the cables which must run into the wall points?
    Secondly:
    Will be buying her one of the receivers from the forum sponsor as well In the new year as soon as I can decide which one to go for, (keep changing mind, too many good choices) am I best getting a bigger lnb onto the dish to then feed this as well as everything else, or try sticking an extra dish up myself? Or is there a much easier option?

Only found this new interest about 4 months ago, and trying to learn as much as poss.

Cheers for any help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure about your first question buddy, but you can invest into a quad lnb and this will do what you need it to, cheaper than buying new kit.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Wingding86 (06-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingding86 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (07-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You said there are four cables in the loft. Do they go to four different rooms?

Title
    Thanks

New build house, no signal

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You said there are four cables in the loft. Do they go to four different rooms?
    Yeah they go into the 4 different rooms. Just need cut at the end In attic and connector put on.

One was cut and connector put on which is how we were able to plug into disto amp and move Ariel around before realising it wasn't working like before.

Last edited by Wingding86; 07-12-16 at 02:11.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingding86 View Post
    Yeah they go into the 4 different rooms. Just need cut at the end In attic and connector put on.

One was cut and connector put on which is how we were able to plug into disto amp and move Ariel around before realising it wasn't working like before.

SKY installer did the same in my folks house, cut 4 aerial feeds to replace them with quad LNB feeds.
    A pain to sort afterwards & I'd still like to punch him in the face.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If the distro amp is for terrestrial surely that won't be able to handle a satellite feed.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not sure, I just assumed/hoped it would be the same. One cable goes into the uhf and 4 come out.

Title
    Thanks

Maybe really showing my ignorance here, but would that wee bad boy not just be able to be screwed into the cables coming from dish if getting the bigger lnb and then into loft cables?

Title
    Thanks
    To summarise....

You want to add twin cable direct to front room
    You want to run cable from LNB to loft.
    You want to remove aerial functionality and add satellite functionality to two rooms using the wires that already there

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    ... and just to add to Abu,s list ...
    What type of cable is currently installed to the rooms ... perhaps a picture might clarify.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Front room will be ok as the cables from dish will go there and when I get the new receiver I'll just switch from sky box to it. But yeah in general have satellite functionality without sticking loads of holes in walls or ceilings. I've asked her to take a pic of the cables and send them.

Title
    Thanks
    Those barrels will allow you to connect the wires from LNB to wires going to the rooms. The simplest option is to do that.

You can also add combiners/diplexers. You can have satellite and terrestrial down the same wire. Limited to one satellite tuner.

Another option is to use the remote stream channel converter plugin. So have one receiver with the satellite tuners, and another receiver access the channels over the network. Works better hard wired. Even watch the channels on the phone tablet wherever you are in the house.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Wingding86 (07-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers mate, I'll have a look into those

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Abu,s suggestions are pretty good but as long as you have sat cables going to the rooms, I would be tempted to buy a Emp-centauri multiswitch such as MS5/4PIU-4 or 8PIU-4 to which you can add the terrestial input.
    Also because its switchable, you can take a quad or quattro lnb (but you have to known which is fitted!)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast