Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edision OS mini plus DVB-C Tuner and Picon Problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you post a picture of how you are connecting to your box with a direct feed without a splitter.

Have you got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Qty-2-F-Ty...gAAOSw1vlUtQeA
    Last edited by Ashley69; 04-12-16 at 18:36.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kokojnr View Post
    Sorry how do I configure the DVB-C tuner when it's not showing up under "SETUP> SERVICE SEARCHING> TUNER CINFIGURATION"?

I have basic TV package and 200MB BB.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    On the "Not Connected" line of your tuner configuration, you press the right arrow on the remote and change the setting to "enabled". You then put in your net-id if you know it or leave it a zeroes. I'm sure your cable connection is ok, just you have not enabled the tuner. I only use DVB-T so I can't help with specific cable id settings, but the default should get you somewhere.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    These are pictures of the tuner set up screen and wire connections.

back of edision box.jpgcable connction wall termination.jpgDVB-C config mode.jpgDVB-C screen.jpg

Im thinking of buying this kit from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A2STM0D6PMSDGV
    to change my cables and splitter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kokojnr; 04-12-16 at 19:20.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This says to me you are getting no signal. Possible cable issue.

I've got that product from amazon. Works for me.
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Did you save the configuration (green button) on the DVB-C setup? Did you scan subsequently? Eliminate a basic set-up error before going after splitters etc. What Net-ID appears on the configuration of your existing cable box? By looking at it you will find the frequencies and IDs used. There may be an ABM setup for your area and cable provider - check that out first. The "nothing connected" message means you haven't configured the tuner.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Did you save the configuration (green button) on the DVB-C setup? Did you scan subsequently? Eliminate a basic set-up error before going after splitters etc. What Net-ID appears on the configuration of your existing cable box? By looking at it you will find the frequencies and IDs used. There may be an ABM setup for your area and cable provider - check that out first. The "nothing connected" message means you haven't configured the tuner.
    The first time that I switched on the box, I followed the "on screen guide" for the set up.
    The only tuner that appeared during this initial process is the AVALINK TUNER for DVB-S2.
    Please what should I gave done differently to enable/configure the DVB-C tuner?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Thanks
    The tuner configuration for the OS Mini + seems to be different to other conventional receivers where you configure Tuner A and Tuner B separately. My suggestions to you were to ensure that the cable tuner section was actually functioning.

Do you have a current, working cable TV connection from the network provider?

I presume, if you have a working connection, that you have substituted the existing connection (which may be F-type to F-type) with the F-type to TV plug to suit the OS Mini+?

Have you gone into ABM and selected your area/provider and let it run a scan? I'm trying to find out what happens when you actually scan. Have you tried a manual scan?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    The tuner configuration for the OS Mini + seems to be different to other conventional receivers where you configure Tuner A and Tuner B separately. My suggestions to you were to ensure that the cable tuner section was actually functioning.

Do you have a current, working cable TV connection from the network provider?

I presume, if you have a working connection, that you have substituted the existing connection (which may be F-type to F-type) with the F-type to TV plug to suit the OS Mini+?

Have you gone into ABM and selected your area/provider and let it run a scan? I'm trying to find out what happens when you actually scan. Have you tried a manual scan?
    Thanks a lot and to everyone that helped out.
    The tuner in this box does both cable and satellite.
    Went into ABM, selected virgin UK as second provider and did another scan which pulled all the cable channels.
    Number one problem solved.

Please how do I get picons to show on channel list, im using a 16Gb usb formatted to FAT 32. have FTP into box and can see picon in a folder named picon inside another folder named HDD.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    usb stick needs setting up as in post 2,fat 32 is used for flashing boxes only .is usb showing mounted and ext 3-4?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    usb stick needs setting up as in post 2,fat 32 is used for flashing boxes only .is usb showing mounted and ext 3-4?
    I plugged the USB and initialised it. However it's formatted to FAT 32.
    Do i need to format it to EX 3 or 4?
    I'm guessing if i have to format it again, I will have to set up EPG again, because I set EPG to store on the USB
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes it needs to be ext 3 -4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cactikid; 05-12-16 at 00:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kokojnr View Post
    Thanks a lot and to everyone that helped out.
    The tuner in this box does both cable and satellite.
    Went into ABM, selected virgin UK as second provider and did another scan which pulled all the cable channels.
    Number one problem solved.

Please how do I get picons to show on channel list, im using a 16Gb usb formatted to FAT 32. have FTP into box and can see picon in a folder named picon inside another folder named HDD.

Glad that I pointed you in the right direction - guess you won't be needing that splitter then

You need to enable picons in the channel list menu. That's assuming you have downloaded picons and stored them according to the other posters. Picons can be stored (in fact they are best stored here) on your internal flash if you have enough to spare. Worst place is on an actual HDD unless it is being used for permanent timeshift. The reason a HDD is not good is that it has to spin up to retrieve picons when you change channel. They are best on USB flash or on internal flash.

Title
    Thanks
    Turned the TV on this morning and the signal from cable side, sky news is like this. What might be the problem please? 20161205_083708.jpg20161205_083702.jpg20161205_083657.jpg

Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Signal issue or incorrect net I'd.
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Signal issue or incorrect net I'd.
    I'm guessing it's signal use because it was clear last night on same SKY NEWS channel. And these followed after those pixeled pictures....

20161205_085816.jpg20161205_090334.jpg

Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast