Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vu Solo Not starting Help

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    Thanks for the help,

Just to let everyone know that i took the solo to the person who i bought it from, i notices he had a file called autorun on the usb along with other three files. He managed to flash and reinstal everything again.

Thanks
    If he had a file called autorun on his usb stick, then that is 1 of 2 things ... His usb stick has stuff on it that is set to run automatically as soon as he plugs it in to a pc (could be a sandisk with their portable utility, or he's using something like portableapps), or he has a virus on his usb stick, which is trying to automatically run...

Anyway, that wouldn't make any difference to the flashing of the vu, as it's all based on linux, not windows, so autorun and exe/com/bat files etc won't work on the box...

What I've noticed when flashing my solo, is that if I have a usb stick in the rear port, then it won't flash. I have to remove the usb from the rear of the solo, then plug my flashing usb to the front of the solo, and then update that way...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    i had to format m y syick as FAt andf not FAT32 for the new bootloader t work

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi guys

On the topic of solo i did a online update yesterday in downloading it seemed sluggish and froze whilst downloading, I gave it time to complete but it decided to wanna hung so in the end I had to power off.
    On reboot with my fingers crossed it did reboot but without the VIX menu so I decided to do a factory reset see if that would rebuild the full image but again no VIX menu so in the end I had to reflash the image, thankfully getting it all back.
    I only mention this as this is the second time in two updates the solo has done this lockup in online update is there a problem with the image being too big to handle the update in one go? i think it said something like 101 updates when i did the same on my duo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Hi guys

On the topic of solo i did a online update yesterday in downloading it seemed sluggish and froze whilst downloading, I gave it time to complete but it decided to wanna hung so in the end I had to power off.
    On reboot with my fingers crossed it did reboot but without the VIX menu so I decided to do a factory reset see if that would rebuild the full image but again no VIX menu so in the end I had to reflash the image, thankfully getting it all back.
    I only mention this as this is the second time in two updates the solo has done this lockup in online update is there a problem with the image being too big to handle the update in one go? i think it said something like 101 updates when i did the same on my duo
    This happened to my duo also. After I rebooted via telnet it appears to have updated but the flashing symbol is permanently light now. I've run the update again but the update symbol is still flashing.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi i have solo original but when i change software blackhole 7.1 or 7.2 the prosses go on correctly but the box cannot boot the green led is on but system out put havent any action .when insert older image black hole1.6.6 all thing is ok and system booting normaly please advise me why my recieiver cant accept new image.

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashidir View Post
    Hi i have solo original but when i change software blackhole 7.1 or 7.2 the prosses go on correctly but the box cannot boot the green led is on but system out put havent any action .when insert older image black hole1.6.6 all thing is ok and system booting normaly please advise me why my recieiver cant accept new image.

Thanks
    You need to use the updated bootloader.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    its ok if you can get it working for abit i cant get mine working ive done the image put channel list on im new to this box the vu solo and my error is always coming up in red is service unavailable check tuner config any one got any ideas ive been in config and tryed all ways

Title
    Thanks
    ok got it working now im getting all the channels on sky uk but wen i go to say sky italia or hotbird im getting no channels

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all, I think I have a similar problem. I have a vu solo myself which I flashed and is up and running with the latest vix image. The issue I have is my friend asked me to do his for him, no problem I thought. The problem I've got is when I've flashed a image it boots up the the logo/loading screen, and that's it, it doesn't get passed that to the set up wizard. I have updated the bootloader and tried other images ie: blackhole etc. Any ideas please as I can't understand what's wrong when I've done everything exactly the same as mine and that is working, pleaseeee

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pazza07 View Post
    Hi all, I think I have a similar problem. I have a vu solo myself which I flashed and is up and running with the latest vix image. The issue I have is my friend asked me to do his for him, no problem I thought. The problem I've got is when I've flashed a image it boots up the the logo/loading screen, and that's it, it doesn't get passed that to the set up wizard. I have updated the bootloader and tried other images ie: blackhole etc. Any ideas please as I can't understand what's wrong when I've done everything exactly the same as mine and that is working, pleaseeee
    Try re-formatting USB sticks FAT32. Then reflash first bootloader again, then image. Also try different USB stick.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Try re-formatting USB sticks FAT32. Then reflash first bootloader again, then image. Also try different USB stick.
    Thanks sic, done that and again everything looks fine until it boots up and stays on the loading screen, any more ideas ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Try disconnecting Ethernet cable is connected and any other USB devices if connected.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Try disconnecting Ethernet cable is connected and any other USB devices if connected.
    I had only ethernet connected, still no joy

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    You tried different usb sticks? Also try formatting using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...SB-Format-Tool
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    You tried different usb sticks? Also try formatting using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...SB-Format-Tool
    Yes sic, i've formatted both ways and used different USB stick, when i boot up new image eg. vix it says starting, then loading and thats it. when i try a original image i get nothing, just a blue screen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast