Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Scanned Bouquet

Title
    Thanks
    Whether it is a system generated bouquet or an ABM generated bouquet is irrelevant, my point is it was never shown before and it is now. if it is needed by either ABM or e2 fair enough, but does it need to be displayed?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to promark For This Useful Post:

archiedog (31-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Why is it a biggie? My Last Scanned folder is not visible on my list of bouquets as its on the next page. Why are peeps hung up on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I like using the up/down arrows bouquets/EPG. Seems tough. We'll get used to it. We're all different as you know on here lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bangord30 For This Useful Post:

archiedog (31-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I'll look at making this hideable.
    Huevos, thank you for a simple answer to a simple question. This forum is is crying out for a more understanding output instead of hiding behind techno babble from the few.
    If you can indeed reverse the error, then well done from me.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,958 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by promark View Post
    Last Scanned Bouquet which seems to be all channels including radio in no particular order
    Alphabetical...
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    As mentioned before, ABM does not create/produce the bouquet, it now populates it. It is a system bouquet. Pretty sure fastscan populates it it, all other scans populate it. Even if you run a transponder scan with no signal wire connected, it will become visible although empty. When you run ABM you are acquiring services, just like a conventional scan albeit by a different method. We have made ABM behave the same way as other channel acquisition processes.

How else will you know which channels you obtained by the last channel acquisition process?

Astra channels usually change on Tuesdays and Thursdays, what benefits are there in Running ABM every day?

@Tony, you should only open up in the last scanned bouquet if you select a channel from the bouquet. If this is not the case, please post recreation steps.
    @abu - the only way I could recreate this issue consistently was to press the zero key (panic button). This goes to the first channel in the first bouquet. Before this recent change to make the "Last Scanned" list visible, my first bouquet was my Favourites (empty), followed by my Freesat bouquet, followed by SKY etc. This would mean that pressing zero before the recent change would bring me by default to the first channel in the Freesat bouquet. Now it brings me to AAJ TAK, the first channel in the alphabetical "Last Scanned" bouquet which is placed at the top.

My workaround is to change the ABM settings back to their default action of placing bouquets at the top (I had set it to place ABM bouquets after my Favourites (which happens to be empty heh heh!). I changed the providers order to have Freesat first, followed by SKy, etc. Now the "Last Scanned" bouquet is at the bottom of the list and pressing zero brings me to the first channel in Freesat.

Now, I can't say for definite that pressing the zero key is the only way to trigger this problem but I couldn't recreate the issue any other way.

A case of unintended consequences of changing ABM behaviour, perhaps? If Rowland manages to "hide" the Last Scanned bouquet it might be best as it is perhaps confusing to users and it uses conflicting terminology in that ABM doesn't "scan" in the same manner as an E2 transponder scan.

edit - depending on Channel List settings, a user may end up in this alphabetical "last Scanned" bouquet unintentionally by advancing past the last entry in their own/ABM bouquet. My personal settings don't allow zapping past the end of the current bouquet.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 31-10-16 at 14:18. Reason: other trigger for the problem
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    At FT.

That behaviour hasnt changed. Scan a transponder with manual scan. If have ABM at the bottom the first channel in your list will be from last scanned irrespective of ABM changes.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    The point being made is that now ABM creates (unhides?) a last scanned bouquet - this is a new behaviour and it is why users are remarking on it. I don't do transponder scans on my main box - I just run ABM
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    No. It does not "unhide" anything. All other scans produce that bouquet. Why should ABM be any different.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

promark (01-11-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    We use up down arrows bouquets more so just going to have to get used to it I think. ATV seems the same.

Title
    Thanks
    I have used this commit and is now hidden after a scan

Thanks Huevos

16. The Following User Says Thank You to promark For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (01-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    We use up down arrows bouquets more so just going to have to get used to it I think. ATV seems the same.
    Not sure what you mean by "up down arrows", but what ATV, or anyone else, does isn't really relevant for something that's newly causing a problem for Vix users and is easily fixable.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "up down arrows", but what ATV, or anyone else, does isn't really relevant for something that's newly causing a problem for Vix users and is easily fixable.
    I think he means TV button for the channel list rather than the EPG, is my preferred method too

19. The Following User Says Thank You to promark For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (01-11-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm Vix but I saw ATV users saying the same is what I meant so don't blame you guys lol. I mean if I'm watching a channel and want to see what's in I press up or down arrows around the ok button then go through bouquets from there and no way of hiding it in there is there? I've not looked at Huevos' fix though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast