Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+ Ultimo Box

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Ultimo Box

I have watched with interest the discussion on the new image 4.2. I did a clean install but went back to 4.1.16 when I couldn't resolve the Webif streaming issues. At the time I posted and received varying comments, much appreciated, one of which recommended that I stay with 4.1.16 as my box is long in the tooth and may now be struggling with the demands of the latest image. Can anyone confirm whether or not the Vu+ Ultimo is capable of running the latest image or should I be saving my pennies for a box upgrade? Secondly have the issues with streaming and slow running with the new image now been resolved? Thanks in anticipation of your help.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi. It is capable of running but in all honesty I think you will notice its not as smooth and I would personally start saving some pennies up for a new receiver. I have a Vu+ Uno which I have put 3.0.808 image on as it runs better and just mainly used for tv viewing. Likewise with the Vu+ Solo and Vu+ Duo, I have recently put 3.0.808 images on for family and friends and runs loads better than the newer images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (26-09-16),Sicilian (26-09-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The ultimo is ok but be mindful it is a old receiver now so don't fill it full of crap
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (26-09-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Love my Vu+ Ultimo set up as 4 tuner runs great on 4.1.16 all my plugins run smooth i wont be trading up any time soon

have you tried using flashxspander plugin on a usb stick
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Love my Vu+ Ultimo set up as 4 tuner runs great on 4.1.16 all my plugins run smooth i wont be trading up any time soon

have you tried using flashxspander plugin on a usb stick
    Hi. I find that the box runs ok on 4.1.16 so no immediate panic, however I recognise that the older images are not supported/improved. I've not come acrossxpander but will read up on it to see if it would suit my system. Thanks for your help. Regards
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    I have watched with interest the discussion on the new image 4.2. I did a clean install but went back to 4.1.16 when I couldn't resolve the Webif streaming issues.
    I had some problem running 4.2.001 with my Ultimo, after a few days it crashed and didn't boot up properly, it just left the vix logo spinning and showed the boot image. So I then flashed back to 4.1.016 to wait for the next version.
    Then I flashed to 4.2.004 when it came out, and updated to 4.2.005 through online update when I noticed it was available. No problem since that, the current uptime is now 15 days.
    Oscam, Nfs, Samba and weather plugins installed and working. I haven't noticed difference to 4.1.016.
    It's up to you whether you want to stick with 4.1.016 or use the latest greatest image.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jukkal2 For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (26-09-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkal2 View Post
    I had some problem running 4.2.001 with my Ultimo, after a few days it crashed and didn't boot up properly, it just left the vix logo spinning and showed the boot image. So I then flashed back to 4.1.016 to wait for the next version.
    Then I flashed to 4.2.004 when it came out, and updated to 4.2.005 through online update when I noticed it was available. No problem since that, the current uptime is now 15 days.
    Oscam, Nfs, Samba and weather plugins installed and working. I haven't noticed difference to 4.1.016.
    It's up to you whether you want to stick with 4.1.016 or use the latest greatest image.
    Mine still has the hades series image installed and it works flawlessly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Interesting to note the different approaches to handling new images. I guess the moral of the story is to stick with what works until there is a problem?? Not normally my approach to life but warming to the idea!! No disrespect to the developers intended as they do a great job for the good of the community. Regards

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Well the problem is there won't be feeds for old images forever, so if you want a fully working image with feeds you are going to need to update some time in the near future. Each machine uses about 2GB of feeds space. There are 50 machines. Multiply that by Apollo, Hades, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc, and you are looking at terabytes of disc space, most of it just being leeched by people running clones.
    Last edited by Huevos; 27-09-16 at 00:03.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Feeds are not every thing, you can easily download all the plugins you need while the feeds are up or just source them else where. For my needs Hades is more than sufficient.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Mine still has the hades series image installed and it works flawlessly.
    and Hades is missing lots of other stuff.......
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    and Hades is missing lots of other stuff.......

None of which I use, it's not like there's some killer, must have feature in these new images, so it's of no importance to me to upgrade any time soon.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    None of which I use, it's not like there's some killer, must have feature in these new images, so it's of no importance to me to upgrade any time soon.
    Ok, we keep hearing
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Ideally I would want to update but it is no use if my box has a problem. I will try again with the latest version. My piggy bank is filling with pennies. Different issue, I note for the first time some of my posts are repeated!! Not sure what is happening, hopefully not something I'm doing. Thanks for your help.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Different issue, I note for the first time some of my posts are repeated!! Not sure what is happening, hopefully not something I'm doing. Thanks for your help.
    Oh no! You've broken the forum! Don't worry, double post deleted
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (27-09-16)