Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Using the Sundtek MediaTV Pro with vix

Title
    Thanks

Using the Sundtek MediaTV Pro with vix

Hi all
    I wish to add a DVB-T2 dual tuner to my openvix Duo2.

Now, the Sundtek MediaTV Pro looks ideal. Ive posted before asking about it.

One question that i can't seem to find an answer too is, is it a dual tuner?

I see there is extra functionality to these new Sundtek's in regard to the "streaming server", how does that affect functionality to the openvix system?

Will i get to use its future ability for DAB? Can i use it as a DVB-T2 dual tuner?

Ive emailed Sundtek but had no reply, they're probably busy adding more features.

Cheers all,
    Stu
    Run a VU DUO for 3 years with OpenVIX,since 2010. Running a VUDUO2 since 2012, again with OpenVIX :-)
    Now running extra VU+ Zero's in other rooms from my Duo2!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Are you talking about this tuner ?

HTML Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/USB-Digital-Tuners/Sundtek-MediaTV-Digital-Home-USB-Tuner-Cable-Terrestrial-HD-DVB-C-T-T2
    If so I believe it is single; I'm not absolutely 100% sure as I've never used this particular one, however there is no source on the net for this model to say that it is dual.

Just seems to be a switchable tuner DVB-C/DVB-T

I have had the VU+ USB Turbo Tuner but I swapped it for an internal tuner on the Duo2 as I had nothing but issues with the box with it installed and in use.

Don't let this ultimately sway you away from USB tuners though, I know that there is far much more knowledge/support on forums with regards to the Sundtek one.
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Thanks
    It's this one i am talking about, it has a "pro" in the name of it.

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-S...-AnalogTV.html

My Duo2 has 4 satellite tuners internally so i am out of space inside, not got other options unfortunately, USB it is.
    Run a VU DUO for 3 years with OpenVIX,since 2010. Running a VUDUO2 since 2012, again with OpenVIX :-)
    Now running extra VU+ Zero's in other rooms from my Duo2!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That is not a Dual Tuner, it will only tune one channel at a time.
    Before Christmas sundtek told me they where testing dual tuners both for sat and cable/terrestrial, the last I heard there was driver problems for the android platform, but that was ages ago.
    They have obviously had to go back to design.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (12-09-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_iow View Post

My Duo2 has 4 satellite tuners internally so i am out of space inside, not got other options unfortunately, USB it is.
    I suppose it all depends if you really need all 4 that are internal; the reason i bought the turbo tuner was because when i bought the duo2 from wos shop i had it confgured as 1 x twin dvb-s and 1 x single dvb-s - with this set up i could record 2 sat channels whilst watching another; in the end after lots of thinking i decided to get rid of the turbo tuner, and replace it with a twin hybrid dvb-c / dvb-t switchable internal tuner, which is dual and can record 1 channel and watch another with just one feed, so in effect haven't really lost out on the amount of channels i can record whilst watching another; if anything its a little better because now i have 2x dvb-s feeds and the one feed for dvb-c on the hybrid which enables 2x record on sat, 1 x record on cable and watch another cable, or vice versa - 2x record on cable, 1x record on sat, watch another sat - and if 2 progs on same sat/cable transaponder can record that too
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If you can internal is always better.

I have USB T2 and S2 and driver become an issue with kernel updates.
    T2 from the sponsor is not bad price for internals on VU range

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_iow View Post

I have two of those in ET10000 connected directly to usb-ports, two in Duo2 connected via usb-hub and one in Solo SE V2 connected via usb-hub.
    Works fine.